156.175 NXDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Hey Guys & Ladies,

I am picking up a NXDN 4800 system on frequency 156.175 the user I get on DSDPLUS fast lane is BCSO.

- Jamie N4CYA

Reelfishguy

Are you sure it is 156.175 rather than 156.180 ? Fort Valley was using 156.180 as the output of their repeater (with no FB2 license) with NXDN 4800

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Are you sure it is 156.175 rather than 156.180 ? Fort Valley was using 156.180 as the output of their repeater (with no FB2 license) with NXDN 4800

When I scan 156.175 I pick up BCSO and 156.180 I pick up Fort Valley. So am not sure who BCSO is.

gh6406

Premium Subscriber

Hey Guys & Ladies,

I am picking up a NXDN 4800 system on frequency 156.175 the user I get on DSDPLUS fast lane is BCSO.

- Jamie N4CYA

Jamie, are you in Peach County? Could it be 156.1725, which is used by Berrien County WNAB928? It could also be Bibb County. Keep us updated.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Jamie, are you in Peach County? Could it be 156.1725, which is used by Berrien County WNAB928? It could also be Bibb County. Keep us updated.

Yes, I am located in Peach County. It could be 156.1725 but when I scan around the 156 frequency area it picks up better on 156.18...Like for instance today I was scanning around that frequency area and BCSO was talking on 156.175. I'll see what I can come up with.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
There are several "B" counties in Georgia, could you be more specific as to which "BCSO" you are referring to please?

So far, I haven't heard anything from Peach county on their heavily used NXDN system that wasn't encrypted. Same goes for Jones county and Jasper county's NXDN systems as well.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
There are several "B" counties in Georgia, could you be more specific as to which "BCSO" you are referring to please?

So far, I haven't heard anything from Peach county on their heavily used NXDN system that wasn't encrypted. Same goes for Jones county and Jasper county's NXDN systems as well.

Not sure what county is BC to be honest when I do find out I'll let everyone know. As far as NXDN for Peach County you'll have to listen through out the day then you'll hear some non encrypted stuff. :)

RRR

Premium Subscriber
What is it like 8 DB224 antennas spaced evenly left to right along the length of their tower, then another 3 on top? I was surprised to see there is also a P25 system in place in Peach county, with the amazing coverage, redundancy and capacity their NXDN system has. I have heard very little from Peach county on the P25 system, and nothing on the NXDN that wasn't encrypted. FVSU uses DMR, and it is loud and clear, other than that, I haven't been able to hear much else in the form of public safety in Peach county

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
What is it like 8 DB224 antennas spaced evenly left to right along the length of their tower, then another 3 on top? I was surprised to see there is also a P25 system in place in Peach county, with the amazing coverage, redundancy and capacity their NXDN system has. I have heard very little from Peach county on the P25 system, and nothing on the NXDN that wasn't encrypted. FVSU uses DMR, and it is loud and clear, other than that, I haven't been able to hear much else in the form of public safety in Peach county

Peach County don't use the P25 system anymore they switch over the Kenwood NXDN system. Fort Valley PD, S/O and Fire/EMS uses NXDN. FVSU uses DMR.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Peach county had the NXDN system long before the P25 system came in. It is actually Houston counties' system, that was supposed to have branched into Peach county. There is some traffic on it, matter of fact, there was some Peach co traffic on the P25 system yesterday. But most of it is on the NXDN (encrypted) system.

wjay

I was under the impression that no scanner could monitor NXDN systems. Am I wrong? What are you guys picking this up with?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I was under the impression that no scanner could monitor NXDN systems. Am I wrong? What are you guys picking this up with?
Whistler's TRX-1 (handheld) and TRX-2 (base/mobile) are capable of receiving NXDN after an upgrade (no charge for the upgrade).

N1XDS

ÆS Ø

Whistler's TRX-1 & 2 with the NXDN upgrade can pick up and listen to NXDN signal/transmissions from the user/group on that frequency it picks up the NXDN signal. You can also do a discriminator tap to you're scanner so you can be able to listen to NXDN/Unless it's encrypted via DSDPLUS.

Status
Not open for further replies.