156.180 STL County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone else noticed that two transmitters come up on the STL County Riot D channel on 156.180 when it is time for its CW ID?

When the CW ID kicks in, two transmitters come up. One tries to cancel out the other.
The signal strength is maybe S9 and the first half of the CW ID sounds awful. Then the stronger of the two transmitters drops off and the signal level drops to about S5 and the remainder of the cw id is very clear.
I don't think the stronger transmitter is even sending an cw id as it is only up for half of the ID time.

I hear all kinds of odd sounds on this one as well as the one on 156.120 which is listed as a TAC channel. Unmodulated carriers are the most common. Sometimes I hear what sounds like a tapping sound on one of them and it will stay keyed up for hours at times.

I do hear a dispatcher running radio checks with a car about once per week. They refer to the channels with their channel numbers like F-14 instead of Riot-D for example.

I've never figured out if they are just testing something or if something just fails with the transmitter or the remote site that keys them up.
This has been going on for a year I bet but the dual transmitters coming up on 156.180 just started maybe in the last week or two.

stlouisx50

I have never heard anything on 156.180, I may not have that programed, however the 156.120 has been having problems for months. It's almost as annoying as St. Charles Counties CH-3 155.835 when their Civil Defense system starts tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.