156.2250 pl 156.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

lobo8000

I've been picking up what sounds like an unintended repeat of a fire dispatch on 156.2250 PL 156.7. I thought that frequency was PA Turnpike but I don't see it in the database. I'm interested in finding the input frequency so I can figure out where the fire dispatch was coming from.

What I heard was pretty weak but I could make out "Jefferson County line" (WV?) and the accents were a bit southern.
Thanks.

captclint

Mentor
I've been picking up what sounds like an unintended repeat of a fire dispatch on 156.2250 PL 156.7. I thought that frequency was PA Turnpike but I don't see it in the database. I'm interested in finding the input frequency so I can figure out where the fire dispatch was coming from. What I heard was pretty weak but I could make out "Jefferson County line" (WV?) and the accents were a bit southern.
This IS the input to the PA Tpke. You have to change the "Frequency Display Options" just under the map, to show input freq's. However, if this is "skip" from the south, you will not be able to hear the input frequency.

One of the perks of membership is that you can search the entire database. This is the only Southern state with 156.7 PL, but there is no Jefferson County nearby:
156.22500 159.13500(input) 156.7 PL WPPY317 Prestonsburg Police/Fire "Sector/Ch A" City of Prestonsburg, Floyd County, KY

However, PL's are not always entered in the DB, so this is the only places where Jefferson County comes up for this freq as a repeater in the US.
156.22500 150.99500(input) KLL654 Public Works, Jefferson County, FL
If you get more info that would pin down the state, or city, you can search the FCC database (you do not have to be a member for that)

Last edited:

lobo8000

I'm pretty certain the repeater I was hearing wasn't skip. I checked the FCC database and found that 156.2250 is actually licensed to Snyder County PA (where I am). Also, 156.7 is what Snyder Co. uses on most of their frequencies. The signal I received was clear as day and didn't fade like skip.

captclint

Mentor
I'm pretty certain the repeater I was hearing wasn't skip. I checked the FCC database and found that 156.2250 is actually licensed to Snyder County PA (where I am). Also, 156.7 is what Snyder Co. uses on most of their frequencies.
Ok, that may change things. I try to keep track of new or updated FCC license submissions for several counties. For some reason, I have recorded that this freq, along with some others, is a fairly new addition. I also show 150.995 as the input. Still didn't find any states using 150.995 as an output in Jefferson County, but there are too many to check for adjacent counties. Checking WXT525, I can't verify these as new additions now, or why 150.995 would be an input out of all the MO freq's, but I think it is worth checking.

If my notes are correct that this repeater is new (it's not listed in this DB or another fairly good list), let us know if you find Snyder traffic on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.