156.300 Ch 6 - Digital Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB9NN

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what mode the following frequency is? I hear digital signal on it - like a jackhammer sound.
- 156.30000 06 - Intership Safety Marine VHF 1A-88A Maritime Operations Maritime

Listing from RadioReference.com

ecps92

Would not be the first time someone programmed up a DMR/P25 radio on the wrong frequencies.

Does anyone know what mode the following frequency is? I hear digital signal on it - like a jackhammer sound.
- 156.30000 06 - Intership Safety Marine VHF 1A-88A Maritime Operations Maritime

Listing from RadioReference.com

AB9NN

Premium Subscriber
Hi Jon,
Is there any chance you could post a recording, just a short clip?

Tried (installed an audio recorder plug-in to SDR#) and found the bursts were quite short and spaced quite a long time apart. Decided to just watch the SDR# waterfall for a bit. Pretty sure it was from a close frequency. There was a very strong (very wide) signal next to this frequency and that may have blown through the front-end of the RTL-SDR dongle. I will continue to monitor but not holding my breath... smile.

Last edited:

ecps92

just a thought, someone running AIS on the wrong Frequency
Tried (installed a audio recorder plug-in to SDR#) and found the bursts were quite short and spaced quite a long time apart. Decided to just watch the SDR# waterfall for a bit. Pretty sure it was from a close frequency. There was a very strong (very wide) signal next to this frequency and that may have blown through the front-end of the RTL-SDR dongle. I will continue to monitor but not holding my breath... smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.