156.540 RX T-136.5

BC_Scan

I was working in the Kootenays (BC) and was delighted to hear daily reports of weather and fire conditions coming from Coeur d'Alene (female dispatcher) , no repeater id or callsign given , on the rare occasion I would hear field units they made reference to wildfires etc booming signal all the way up valley into Nelson BC , don't see any listing for said fx on FCC

BC_Scan

156.54 isn't a valid FCC allocation. It's between marine VHF channels 70 and 11.
What kind of radio did you hear this on? Any possibility it was an image or mixing/intermod?
on a bcd436 , I might beg to differ on the allocation there is one license if you input that freq in fcc uls, I doubt image/or intermod, I was in middle of now where on the highway and from can/us border all the way to Nelson I heard it daily over a 3 week period ,

lenk911

156.54 isn't a valid FCC allocation. It's between marine VHF channels 70 and 11.
In the 1950-60's, the FCC assigned interstitial channels in the marine band to public safety far away from any potential marine interference. Systems were scattered through out mid America far from any navigable waters. Most have been retired with migration to statewide trunk systems but some still exist as grandfathered. This may be one of them.

nd5y

In the 1950-60's, the FCC assigned interstitial channels in the marine band to public safety far away from any potential marine interference. Systems were scattered through out mid America far from any navigable waters. Most have been retired with migration to statewide trunk systems but some still exist as grandfathered. This may be one of them.
It's not one of those. Show me the license link.
There are no PLMR licenses in ID, WA or MT with 156.54.
The only ones that include it are demo licenses that cover 150-174 MHz.

lenk911

First of all not everything is in the ULS that you expect. If the reported frequency is valid and mathematically it is and not an image or interference, it could be:

1. About 20 years ago, the FCC auctioned the some Marine Channels in areas far away from normal marine channel use. They were auctioned and licensed on a economic area (EA) basis not coordinates.
2. OR NTIA could have licensed on one of these. NTIA operations are not in the ULS.
3 OR it is Canadian. Again not in the ULS.

BC_Scan

its hilarious I didn't mean to start a war here , I was merely pointing out a daily weather report I heard coming from C'ouer D'alene IDAHO, not Canada , I was in Canada while hearing this , pointing out a great booming signal into BC
I agree with thewenk on whom is the user < just wanted to point out my findings !

nd5y

1. About 20 years ago, the FCC auctioned the some Marine Channels in areas far away from normal marine channel use. They were auctioned and licensed on a economic area (EA) basis not coordinates.
They only auctioned VHF Public Coast frequencies (157.2-157.425 & 161.8-162.025). 156.54 isn't in that range.