157.4500 hospital channel????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ack001

i heard "trauma response emergency room" repeated on this freq. im located in blackwood (camden county) nj. i was thinking this might have been for cooper trauma center in camden city, or a philli hospital. any idea?

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Also used by Orange County, NY EMS as a Paging frequency, PL 136.5. Occassionally I get it in Morris County when they go off the Arden Tower.

e911god said:
Also used by Orange County, NY EMS as a Paging frequency, PL 136.5. Occassionally I get it in Morris County when they go off the Arden Tower.
These medical and special emergency paging frequencies are going to be exempt from mandatory narrowbanding in 2013.

Interesting to be using them for wide-area alerting and not for a hospital or campus-wide system.

SCPD

QRT
157.45 hosptial channel ????

Like e911god said, it's used by Orange County, NY for all EMS paging by the County Dispatch Center. I listen to this all the time to hear Port Jervis VAC. The mobiles are on 153.86 PL 77.0 FYI.

SCANdal

Silent Key
That's not exactly what he said...

EJM,

Be aware that not all EMS paging by Orange County "718" is done on 157.450. Otisville and Florida are paged on 154.205 (123.0).

SCANdal

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Hey SCANdal...what is the deal with those two departments not switching ? Back in the day I was told Florida Ambulance didn't switch because they are part of the Florida Fire Department. I was also told lack of funds for both Florida and Otisville.

I know SCANdal knows, but for everyone else...now that Orange County (instead of Base 3) dispatches Town of Newburgh VAC, they (Crudele Communications) built a link to their 155.880 repeater. Whenever the county alerts them on 157.450, it gets repeated over their repeater...hence, no need to get new pagers. He recently did the same with Cornwall VAC, although Corwall still gets dispatched by Base 4. The link was added in the event Mutual aid is requested, the County can push the button and dispatch them instead of having to relay information over the phone and have delayed dispatch. Cornwall also moved it's repeater off Cronomer Hill and put it up on Snake Hill. I get full quieting now everywhere in Cornwall, New Windsor, Newburgh, etc.

I wish all of EMS countywide would go to 157.450 like all Fire on 154.205, or build a link like Newburgh and Cornwall. Would make mutual aid alot easier. Local dispatch centers could even dispatch over the frequency like Warwick does and like Base 4, Base 5 etc. do for Fire.

I used to joke that if there was ever an MVA between a glass truck and a bus load of hemophiliacs on Route 9W in Cornwall for example, and the first EMT on scene requested numerous ambulances, how many phone calls it would take because everyone is dispatched by separate agencies. 1 for Cornwall, 1 for New Windsor, 1 for Highlands, 1 for Mobile Life, 1 for Woodbury, 1 to Newburgh (before the switch to county), 1 to County for Blooming Grove, etc., instead of stacking tones on 1 frequency like Fire does on 154.205 and dispatching everyone at once.

Oh, enough complaining...one day someone will listen to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.