158.385MHz in Central Ontario?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Heard a couple of brief transmissions from Rescue 12 and Dispatch in DMR mode on this frequency but I can’t find a corresponding TAFL listing to identify the user.

Also sounded like there was some periodic idle channel bursts which would seem to indicate IP Site Connect.

Anybody got any ideas?

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Heard a couple of brief transmissions from Rescue 12 and Dispatch in DMR mode on this frequency but I can’t find a corresponding TAFL listing to identify the user.

Also sounded like there was some periodic idle channel bursts which would seem to indicate IP Site Connect.

Anybody got any ideas?
No idea who it is but it's ENCRYPTED

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Never thought of New York but I’m not 100% convinced.

Didn’t hear a New York twang and I don’t think the conditions were right for enhancement. This is a spot just south of Barrie where I hear stuff east of Lake Simcoe all the way to Kawartha Lakes easily.

I did check the database for New York and only came up with some business stuff.

ATCTech

I wondered about what the voices might have sounded like when I read your post. I saw the frequency listed on RR for some law and EMS stuff in the extreme east of New York state but that was it, certainly not anywhere near here. Also wasn't sure of your QTH at the time either. Had you have been further east towards the northern shore of Lake Ontario then NYS might have made more sense. My bad!

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Definitely not coming from the Grey County area as far as I can tell. First thing I did when I heard the call was to check TAFL and after ruling out everything there, I posted here.

emercer

Kawartha Lakes Fire has a station #12 over in Cameron so they would most likely have a unit named "rescue 12."
Not sure if that's where it originated.

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
Woodstock Fire doesn't have a Rescue 12 to the best of my knowledge they only have I think Rescue 1, Ladder 1, Platform 1 and Engines 1, 2, 3. That's what I see on their trucks around town

ATCTech

I have a question. Mike said in his original post that it was heard "in DMR mode". Not being the owner of a 536 or any other DMR-capable stand-alone scanner myself, is it possible for the radio to produce audio from an analog source when in DMR mode? Whether it may have been an image, intermodulation or some other phenomenon, I don't see any reference to Innisfil FD having DMR radios in the listings here, or was it perhaps another county department that does use DMR? Ditto for Woodstock FD, although that's already been discounted for other reasons. Somebody connect the dots for me.... I've been searching exclusively for a potential DMR source for what he heard. :unsure:

Last edited:

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
It was Innisfil's DMR system. I was about 4kms from one of their towers and somehow the 536 was able to decode it.

Woodstock is P25 so that was easy to rule out.

ATCTech

Ahh, I didn't see it way down the list. Thanks Mike! Guess my first stop tomorrow is for stronger glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.