159.1800 dpl 223 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Hello Everyone....

Sounds like a Police Department on 159.1800 DPL 223 sounds like this could be there Channel 2 ?
Anyone know who this might be ?? I am in the Newark Metro Area in Harrison.

Thanks

Tony

W2MB

Hello Everyone....

Sounds like a Police Department on 159.1800 DPL 223 sounds like this could be there Channel 2 ?
Anyone know who this might be ?? I am in the Newark Metro Area in Harrison.

Thanks

Tony

Warren County uses it as an alerting frequency for fire and ems. I do not believe that it is used for two way communication and I don't believe that a DPL is transmitted. They simulcast off of a few different towers so it is conceivable that you could be hearing cow country up there in the city...

DJ88

Warren County uses it as an alerting frequency for fire and ems. I do not believe that it is used for two way communication and I don't believe that a DPL is transmitted. They simulcast off of a few different towers so it is conceivable that you could be hearing cow country up there in the city...

According to the database here, Warren County uses it CSQ. The OP stated that he heard it with DPL 223 and that it sounded like a police department so it's probably Keansburg PD he's hearing.

res5cue

Definatly not WC Alert.. WC doesnt TX a PL/DPL (which is annoying) i am in sussex county and ive been hearing some PD activity on it also.. It could also possibly be some skip propogation.. been hearing stuff from metro area that i dont hear lately..

Status
Not open for further replies.