159.2175 PL 103.5 - Wayne Co Sheriff ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Folks,

If you monitor Wayne Co, would you please add 159.2175 PL 103.5 to your scanlist?

I'm hearing activity this evening on this frequency. And from my location, there are only two [licensed] possibilities, both of which I can pick up on a good night, but not necessarily good enough to determine the agency.

The possibilities are:

1. Wayne Co Sheriff - under license KUN421

2. Preston Co (WV) - under license WKQF269

Can't hurt to program it in and give a listen. If you do hear it active in your area, please post here and let us know . Even better if you can pin down the agency / exact use.

Thanks

Mike

wmlovell

Premium Subscriber
Well I got excited that I was able to monitor something that was going to help you.

Then I realized that I was picking up Berea PD instead on 159.225.

Once I put in the 103.5 PL, I do not hear a thing. ...and I would be able to hear them if they were in Wayne Co. I pick up the FD Co. Dispatch frequency all the time.

Hope that helps.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Well I got excited that I was able to monitor something that was going to help you.

Then I realized that I was picking up Berea PD instead on 159.225.

Once I put in the 103.5 PL, I do not hear a thing. ...and I would be able to hear them if they were in Wayne Co. I pick up the FD Co. Dispatch frequency all the time.

Hope that helps.

Keep it in there brother - it's only been an hour or two at most :) It isn't overly chatty. I haven't heard but two or three tranmissions on it since i posted earlier. I say Wayne Co SO because if it is Wayne Co, the license is to Wayne Co SO. But who knows what it might actually be used for.

So please, keep it in there for a few days and see if anything comes up. Could be a false alarm, but I"m hoping you'll get a hit on it. Wish I could make out the details, but it is too weak and I have a lot of VHF arround locally that cause the weaker signals to be diffiicult to copy.

Thanks

Mike

HarryWilly

They have a secondary channel.. I forget what the freq is though, maybe that is it... I will keep listening

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Just an FYI - The traffic I was hearing on 159.2175 PL 103.5 is _not_ Wayne Co. I have confirmed it to be Preston Co WV - was the same traffic heard on 155.3175 (another Preston Co freq) and this one. Monitored/compared multiple times today.

Sorry for the false alarm folks :)

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.