159.405 - Blanco Co

Status
Not open for further replies.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Tried RR FCC database, then looked for mobiles on ULS website, but it is down for maintenance till tomorrow morning. There aren't any repeaters further west than La Grange except a Fort Stockton area forest service repeater. And you said it was in Hye, so that rules out skip. I guess my post is just useless, but too late, I hit the post button!

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Isn't that the Forest Service frequency? I suppose a ranger could make a traffic stop...but I am just guessing here.

tneff

Forest Rangers evidently can make traffic stops if the vehicle is traveling in the forest area , me and a hunting buddy were stopped last year in East Texas by one.

SCPD

QRT
it sounds like a TP&W Game warden pulling traffic, could be a park ranger too. Might have even been DPS or TEXAS TASK FORCE. since the DPS radio system is all messed up due to Digital being implimented through out the state. Who knows with this state anymore?!!

kkn50

Long Time Member
Premium Subscriber
I was sitting in the parking lot at LBJ National Historic Park, Gillispie County, when I heard that. The signal was so strong that I caught it with the Close Call feature on the BC396. That only happens when I am very near the transmitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.