15m contacts over the last 5 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDXfun

Omni low angle radiator
Nice string of contacts, USA mainly southern states coming in intermittently S3/S7's about 6 stations logged from Tennessee, Virginia, Georgia then Namibia, Brazil, Suriname, Madeira, Cape Verde and to round it off a new entity of Kenya. Just goes to show when SFI is not saying much SFI 98 at the moment, some great contacts can still be enjoyed. I did go the whole hog though and ran the 1/2 wave end fed mono band at a feed point of 13 meters on a 20m slightly extended fibre glass pole. A nice poky low angle antenna set up on 15m when the wind is low. Good times !

RadioDXfun

Omni low angle radiator
After a slow start on 15m calling 21.250 MHz yesterday evening I managed DX to Indonesia, Thailand, Curucao, Jamaica, Brazil and East coast USA.. Massachusetts (5/4 to me), Rhode Island (this was a 3/0 contact to me) and Florida (5/6 to me) 100W EFHW fed at 13m AGL. SFI was high but it was very quiet for 1.5 hours of a 4 hour portable DX session... then it picked up. QRT at sunset 21:15

An enjoyable evenings DX in the end after a very slow start. 20m fibre glass pole, with 1/2 wave attached. (almost anyway with the slight breeze)

Attachments

• ant.jpg
    ant.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.