15x No Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
The radio is in the truck room at my fire house. It works, no problem there, but the display has gone blank! My Butel softwear sees the display in remote display mode, but I can't find anything in the menu to restore the display. The back light works. Is there a hidden menu fix? I blame this on unknowing fingers punching buttons without purpose. Can I lock the key board?

McP

Since you said the backlight is working, I assume pressing the volume button in doesn't help.?.

Can you try this from the virtual menu in your Butel software...

(From Easier to Read BCT15-X Manual) - in the settings menu....

Adjusting the Display Contrast this setting controls the display's contrast (how light or dark it appears).
Scroll to 'Adjust Contrast' and press E/.
At 'Contrast 1-15' scroll to the preferred contrast level and press E/ to save and exit.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
The radio is in the truck room at my fire house. It works, no problem there, but the display has gone blank! My Butel softwear sees the display in remote display mode, but I can't find anything in the menu to restore the display. The back light works. Is there a hidden menu fix? I blame this on unknowing fingers punching buttons without purpose. Can I lock the key board?

Look into the "Key-Safe" mode. This can disable the use of certain keys.

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
I went through the contrast settings and that didn't help. I don't think you can fade out the display with the contrast settings anyway.
Where in the menu is "key-safe"?

Status
Not open for further replies.