16 most active/popular VHF for LV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Question for all the LV/ Clark co listeners. I am headed out there friday for a suprise trip with the wife, I want to program my HT1000 with 16 of the most active /popular freqs. Im staying at Aria so South strip is what I am primarly intrested and any VHF fire. I was there in 2008 and of the 16 I had maybe 6 were active.

Suggestions???

jts203

Premium Subscriber
All the Las Vegas Metro Area Commands are busy and interesting. Convention Center Dispatch covers where you are staying and South Central is nearby. Most everything else out there is on the 800 Trunking System including Fire.

Dick33

Yes jts203 is correct LVMPD is really the only VHF left in town outside of some fed departments. The first 16 channels should do for you thier the most active.

223Addict

Metro

You've gotten a few great answers already; I second them. Try Metro's Southeast channel. It's always jumping. Like the others have said, with Metro, you can't go wrong.
I live in North Las Vegas, 15-20 miles from the strip, and I get these signals nice and clear like, You'll get some good action. AMR/ MedicWest is always interesting too, and since you're going to be right in the "fire," maybe you'll be able to pick up some Metro "Vice" action.
Don't worry about the firefighters, they don't do much out here anyway, they collect six figure incomes for the little service they do provide, i.e. extinguishing car fires, rescuing kitty cats from trees....
Have a safe stay!

Last edited:

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Lvfd

You've gotten a few great answers already; I second them. Try Metro's Southeast channel. It's always jumping. Like the others have said, with Metro, you can't go wrong.
I live in North Las Vegas, 15-20 miles from the strip, and I get these signals nice and clear like, You'll get some good action. AMR/ MedicWest is always interesting too, and since you're going to be right in the "fire," maybe you'll be able to pick up some Metro "Vice" action.
Don't worry about the firefighters, they don't do much out here anyway, they collect six figure incomes for the little service they do provide, i.e. extinguishing car fires, rescuing kitty cats from trees....
Have a safe stay!
You don't have to get political here in this forum, but now that you have I'll throw my 2 cents in, basically the FD does a job that they have done for years, they go where nobody else wants to (burning building) and they are there 24/7 to answer your 911 call. Over the years they have collectively bargained and won legal contracts over the salary. Who can dispute that arrangement? Just because the County has not planned on a loss of income does not justify pointing out the most expensive branches of the County employeed as the problem. There are many other programs in the County budget that waste money without remorse and I'm not talking about FD. Try looking at McCarran Airport. Building millions of dollars of new terminals for nobody. The A gates are empty, the D gates are not full and yet they build build build more gates. All the while Contenental and United merge thus half of those flights are soon to end service to Las Vegas, let alone America West gobbled up by USAir went from 175 flights a day to 14. Landing fee revenue way down. My 2 cents.

Mick

These are not the most active but they are my most popular frqs when I am in town monitoring.

155.460 173.8 LVPD Traffic enforcement (**excellent monitoring**)
These are interesting channels/tactical channels:
151.4750 79.7 NV Dept. of Wildlife
153.0125 127.3 Papillion Airways “Boulder Base”
153.9350 67.0 Las Vegas Convention Center Security
153.9650 D411 LVPD
154.7250 D025 LVPD
154.7550 94.8 LVPD
154.9950 94.8 LVPD
155.1150 173.8 LVPD
155.5200 173.8 LVPD
155.5950 173.8 LVPD
155.6250 114.8 LVPD?
155.9100 77.0 LVPD
155.9400 173.8 LVPD
156.0300 94.8 LVPD Aircraft channel/SAR channel
156.2400 D023 LVPD
158.7900 77.0 LVPD
159.1350 D223 LVPD
159.1950 D306 LVPD

Question for all the LV/ Clark co listeners. I am headed out there friday for a suprise trip with the wife, I want to program my HT1000 with 16 of the most active /popular freqs. Im staying at Aria so South strip is what I am primarly intrested and any VHF fire. I was there in 2008 and of the 16 I had maybe 6 were active.

Suggestions???

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
223 by the fact that I am a full time Firefighter I take offence to your statements. That being said. thanks for everything to the other posters who have given me what I need

223Addict

223 by the fact that I am a full time Firefighter I take offence to your statements. That being said. thanks for everything to the other posters who have given me what I need

You mean you take "offense?"

I hope you and your wife had a wonderful trip!

223Addict

...the FD does a job that they have done for years, they go where nobody else wants to (burning building) and they are there 24/7 to answer your 911 call...loss of income does not justify pointing out the most expensive branches of the County employeed as the problem. There are many other programs in the County budget that waste money without remorse and I'm not talking about FD. Try looking at McCarran Airport. Building millions of dollars of new terminals for nobody. The A gates are empty, the D gates are not full and yet they build build build more gates. All the while Contenental and United merge thus half of those flights are soon to end service to Las Vegas, let alone America West gobbled up by USAir went from 175 flights a day to 14. Landing fee revenue way down. My 2 cents.
You're right, they're there 24 hours a day, doing housework and other menial tasks for triple figure salaries without a real college degree. We all know nobody "goes into a burning building;" not even the heroic CCFD. You've been watching too many movies. I challenge you to list some of the major fires, or ANY fires that risked property or life in this city over the past year. Their primary job function is "paramedic." Even then, MedicWest, and AMR do all the real work.
I don't know where the rant about the airport came from, but if you're trying to insinuate that I was blaming them for the budget crisis, I'm not. I'm saying they're overpaid. They're paid double what Metro is paid.
Different strokes for different folks. It's unfortunate that you and the OP were offended, but it goes without saying that I'm entitled to my opinion on how my tax dollars are spent, and on what. Thanks.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
your opinion only proves you have no idea what a firefighter really does. Your ideas come from what you are given from the media.

I bet you are the guy who bashes the FD every time there is a article in the LV sun too...

737mech

Premium Subscriber
ccfd

You're right, they're there 24 hours a day, doing housework and other menial tasks for triple figure salaries without a real college degree. We all know nobody "goes into a burning building;" not even the heroic CCFD. You've been watching too many movies. I challenge you to list some of the major fires, or ANY fires that risked property or life in this city over the past year. Their primary job function is "paramedic." Even then, MedicWest, and AMR do all the real work.
I don't know where the rant about the airport came from, but if you're trying to insinuate that I was blaming them for the budget crisis, I'm not. I'm saying they're overpaid. They're paid double what Metro is paid.
Different strokes for different folks. It's unfortunate that you and the OP were offended, but it goes without saying that I'm entitled to my opinion on how my tax dollars are spent, and on what. Thanks.
You seem to imply that Metro PD should get paid higher wages more inline with CCFD? I agree with that, they do dangerous work and deserve pay for it. Getting back to CCFD I repeat they have negotiated and won the pay scales they now have. It seems every time the Clark County Budget comes up they always point to the highest paid as the problem??? I don't have to list specific fire/responses because I see them daily on Alarm_Office and I see them when I work at the airport. They respond when needed enough said. You may think they don't go into burning buildings daily but they do, thankfully they are trained to do so and are willing. Listen to the training talkgroup for examples. You'll never change my mind if a firefighter gets paid enough, My Dad died in the line of duty in Newark, NJ. 1972 fighting a fire. He was 34 years old with four kids.

Last edited:

223Addict

737-
I am terribly sorry about your father. Firefighters in the 70's on the Eastern Seaboard (and today) dealt with/ have to deal with much more difficult situations than do the firefighters in this city. The East Coast firefighters have a much more difficult job than their brothers in the West, but get paid MUCH less. That's my point.

With that, I would like to put this non-radio related topic to rest, as I'm sure everyone does. I'm sorry for bringing my political views into an inappropriate forum.

Hooligan

156.030/94.8Hz is always a good one to monitor.

As I write this, AIR 1 & AIR 3 (& maybe an AIR 2?) are up on it, basically flying around wasting fuel for the past 30+ min & about to do some sort of flyover of some event, along with at least one Thunderbird airtcraft.

"PIO" (Public Information Officer" I assume) is on the ground at the venue, coordinating the flyover that's about to occur at 7:42PM local time.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.