162.7625, $167, Concord NC, poss related to 170.8625, $167

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacellamaman

Well this is fairly premature as i haven't been able to confirm it, so keep that in mind. In Concord yesterday for a while and left my DMR upgraded PSR800 running 150-174mhz with the P25/Phase II/DMR only boxes checked just to casually see what all DMR was in the area and possibly catch some fed stuff. the only stuff it happened to catch (running inside the car, with a RS800 duckie btw) over the course of about 4 hours was

162.7625 $167 RID 3094058 TG 1
170.8625 $167 RID 1 TG 1

all encrypted but the recordings were clustered within a minute or so of each other, with long breaks inbetween, so perhaps an input? like i said, not yet confirmed, as only one scanner was running, but its at least interesting. hopefully ill find out more today.

guess my fed range will forever be 162-174 now, as it should have been all along.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
The 162 - 164 MHz frequencies tend to be inputs to the repeaters for that particular agency. The clue would be to see if you catch the same RID on both.

- Chris

spacellamaman

The 162 - 164 MHz frequencies tend to be inputs to the repeaters for that particular agency. The clue would be to see if you catch the same RID on both.

- Chris

yeah i am hoping to get a chance to do that later today. got 3 scanners loaded in the car now. thanks for the confirmation on the input range, i mentioned the RS800 antenna because that plus being in the car indicates to me i likely wasn't picking up a tower somewhere, but we'll see.

ecps92

as CP mentioned, in the VHF the lower tend [Not Always] to be the input
this wiki may help you learn a bit of the general band plan [not always, but pretty accurate, with exceptions]

yeah i am hoping to get a chance to do that later today. got 3 scanners loaded in the car now. thanks for the confirmation on the input range, i mentioned the RS800 antenna because that plus being in the car indicates to me i likely wasn't picking up a tower somewhere, but we'll see.

richardbritt

Database Admin
Don't forget about the lower end of the UHF band also. From memory (might be off some) also check 406 mhz to around 421 mhz. DEA, FBI, USPO, VA etc use those plus DOD.

Regards

Richard in Edenton

Status
Not open for further replies.