163.650/P25-385 S.J./Philly feds

Status
Not open for further replies.

NESN

Been picking up 163.650 with a P25 Nac of 385 for about a month. Sounds like Philly or Camden area Fed surveillance, half encrypted half clear. Common frequency but can't ID the NAC. I also posted in the Fed Column.

ecps92

ICE formerly INS. Each Rptr has it's own output NAC, but search around and you might find other Repeaters [similar to FBI in the use of Common input, multiple Outputs]

Been picking up 163.650 with a P25 Nac of 385 for about a month. Sounds like Philly or Camden area Fed surveillance, half encrypted half clear. Common frequency but can't ID the NAC. I also posted in the Fed Column.

ampulman

Added this frequency to my Fed group, yesterday.

Heard 2 'check-ins' in the clear. One had 5 units, all reporting in the clear.

Will be listening to this frequency.

Amp

ecps92

Folks, it helps if you complete a profile, with your location [doesn't have to be specific] but atleast with NNJ, CNJ or SNJ as the systems you are hearing could be from the NY, NJ or PA offices ;)

Added this frequency to my Fed group, yesterday.

Heard 2 'check-ins' in the clear. One had 5 units, all reporting in the clear.

Will be listening to this frequency.

Amp

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing the same activity and I have a good copy from Medford NJ, 4 bars of signal on the 796D. I'm about 15-20 miles east of Philadelphia. Where are you other folks located and hows the signal strenth where you are?

ampulman

Folks, it helps if you complete a profile, with your location [doesn't have to be specific] but atleast with NNJ, CNJ or SNJ as the systems you are hearing could be from the NY, NJ or PA offices ;)

Sorry, am monitoring from Camden Cnty.

Amp

ECHO3

If you are picking up the PHL repeater, the input is 162.9000 N-383. As stated above the repeater is on Bacton Hill or Malvern, Pa.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
The repeater you are hearing is the ICE Philly repeater located on Bacton Hill. As ecps92 stated previously, all the repeaters in the network have a different ouput frequency and NAC, but the same input frequency and NAC. So, if you hear the BH repeater on 163.650 NAC $385, you may want to search the VHF fed band at that time and you may hear the same voices on a different frequency and NAC coming off a repeater at a different location. The ICE BH repeater is also linked to repeaters in Pittsburgh, Sweedsboro, as well as a few others that I have yet to identify. That's how I found those two others.

ampulman

I believe that I'm getting the same transmissions on 163.7375. I have this listed as an FBI freq. (anyone confirm?), as I heard the same locations mentioned and voices seemed to be the same. Possibly different repeater?

Do NOT have NAC capability.
Amp

ecps92

163.7375 is definately ICE, someone previously reported Trenton NJ for the Rptr

I believe that I'm getting the same transmissions on 163.7375. I have this listed as an FBI freq. (anyone confirm?), as I heard the same locations mentioned and voices seemed to be the same. Possibly different repeater?

Amp

ECHO3

Over a year ago PHL ICE had a link with NJ. I don't remember the frequency (i.e. NJ repeater out). In any event the frequency/repeater became silent. That's why I did not list NJ in my post #11. 163.7375, if it is ICE, could be the new link. Good job!

Last edited:

ecps92

Maybe someone else will listen and capture the NAC :D and post it.

Amp

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
maybe someone else will listen and capture the nac :d and post it.

163.7875 is the ICE Trenton repeater...it was previosuly posted somewhere on the forums. It is not part of the Philly net though, it is part of the Newark net based upon the input. Remember, they use the same input for each net with different outputs.

Last edited by a moderator:

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
163.7875 is used by both ICE Phila and ICE Newark.

163.7875 R NAC 012 (input 169.725) is Newark ICE Trenton repeater
163.7875 R NAC 382 (input 162.900) is Philadelphia ICE Main repeater.

ampulman

I just checked my channels; specifically 163.7875. I had previously entered it in as FBI Trenton Area, based on info from this or the Fed forum.

Amp

ClayD

ecps or e911GOD (or anyone else) do you know what other frequencies are linked to 163.7875? i think that is the first time i heard ice was using any encryption at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.