165.4250 DCS 411???

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
I had picked-up ONE transmission on this a couple weeks ago but couldn't lock on the PL/DPL tone fast enough.

Today I found them again and this time I was able to get DCS 411.

Not sure who this is, they were just talking casually to each other on a first name basis about "nothing in particular" ;) .

Any idea who/what this is?

ecps92

What make/model scanner???

Here in New England we have found on various radios images from 900 Mhz Amateur Repeaters.

I've only seen VA Hosp's on that Freq, none with DPL tho

I had picked-up ONE transmission on this a couple weeks ago but couldn't lock on the PL/DPL tone fast enough.

Today I found them again and this time I was able to get DCS 411.

Not sure who this is, they were just talking casually to each other on a first name basis about "nothing in particular" ;) .

Any idea who/what this is?

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
I have logged 165.4250 MHz, D411 as one of the Veteran's Cemeteries in the NYC area, but have not pinned it down as to which one…

- Chris

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Guys, thanks for this info but I have to ask - how did you find out who this was? Was it just from trial and error, a CLOSE CALL hit, etc?

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
I figured out that is was a VA Cemetery by the frequency and the subject matter I heard over the air. But I wasn't able to catch any clues to the physical location.

- Chris

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Guys, thanks for this info but I have to ask - how did you find out who this was? Was it just from trial and error, a CLOSE CALL hit, etc?

Long story long:

A fellow ham radio operator from "across the pond" from me (N2PQJ) caught it on his close call a while back but never caught the PL. He was right in front of the location. I recorded the freq for a couple of days using IDTracker lll which logs the PL's. Received it full scale over here on the meter. Coincidentally, while searching the Fed. band in the analog mode one weekend, I heard a mobile (signal was varying so I assumed he was moving) with the same odd DPL and put 2 and 2 together to conclude it was the input to the 162 repeater.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.