166.1250 Central Valley area

Status
Not open for further replies.

CZ

Who uses this? Traffic heard sounded a bit like a law enforcement channel -- caught part of a reference to "....send a unit to check it"

Only RR mention I found was a reference to Angeles National Forest, but rather doubt that's what I heard :)

Any ideas?

drouse3

The Angeles National Forest is at the top of the grapevine. That a big hill over looking a lot of flat land your way.

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
166.125 has been (may still be) the USFS Region 5 Law Net repeater output, with TX sites all up and down the valley, including on 

Banner Mtn, Oregon Peak, Duncan Peak, Grouse Ridge, and Mt Rose for Tahoe NF

Big Hill and Pine Hill for El Dorado NF

Keller Peak & Onyx for San Bernardino NF

La Cumbre Peak for Los Padres

Mt Elizabeth and Mt Reba for Stanislaus NF

Mt St John, Mt Sanhedrin, and Anthony Peak for Mendocino NF

Musick Mtn for Sierra NF

Turner Mtn for Lassen

Blue Ridge for Sequoia NF

and probably others.

CZ

Ok, thanks for the info on the frequency. Think that was first time I had ever heard anything on it. Didn't have the CTCSS search running on the BC785D, so no idea on tone(or tones) used.

It was either the Blue Ridge or Musick Mountain repeater I was hearing I guess since they're closest to me here on western side of Fresho.

BirkenVogt

I listen to it here, generally when they come on it sounds like a continuation of an existing conversation, like an inside joke sort of, and they never talk to any dispatcher on it here. Mainly communication between law enforcement field units who work in or near the forests here, and for various different employers.

Birken

Status
Not open for further replies.