167.865 MHz ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

Does anyone know who uses this frequency? I've been monitoring it for a while and all I hear on it is morse code and what sounds like short phone patches (voice) every now and then. Thanks,

Ben

Gilligan

Database Admin
More than likely it is actually 167.8625. The 167 range is often FBI. Maybe you can record the Morse and get the callsign. Some of us can read Morse if you were to attach a wav file. And are you using a radio that can detect tones? Tones often ID a federal agency. An example would be 167.9, which is almost always FBI.

Analogrules

Thanks for the response. I don't have a scanner capable of detecting PL tones, however I'll keep monitoring and see if I can pick up any additional clues.

Analogrules

No, it's definitely not an image of any sort. However, the actual frequency may actually be 167.8675. My scanner tends to round frequencies in that band. I've continued to monitor it, and all I've been hearing are short voice pages. They are very brief and never reveal anything to give clues of who they are.

10-95

N2ZGE said:
No, it's definitely not an image of any sort. However, the actual frequency may actually be 167.8675. My scanner tends to round frequencies in that band. I've continued to monitor it, and all I've been hearing are short voice pages. They are very brief and never reveal anything to give clues of who they are.

Do you have a VA hospital nearby?

Analogrules

No, I don't live that close to a VA hospital, unless I am receiving one from NYC. It definitely sounds like it could be a pager system associated with a VA hospital. I am receiving these transmissions from the Union County area.

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
N2ZGE said:
No, I don't live that close to a VA hospital, unless I am receiving one from NYC. It definitely sounds like it could be a pager system associated with a VA hospital. I am receiving these transmissions from the Union County area.

Isn't Lyons VA still in Bernardsville? Or it could be the East Orange VA Hospital...or the VA Nursing Home in Menlo Park?

I think those facilities are all still around, no?

Analogrules

Bernardsville is not close to me. However, I guess it can be either the VA hospital in Menlo Park or East Orange IF they're still open.

Gilligan said:
More than likely it is actually 167.8625. The 167 range is often FBI. Maybe you can record the Morse and get the callsign. Some of us can read Morse if you were to attach a wav file. And are you using a radio that can detect tones? Tones often ID a federal agency. An example would be 167.9, which is almost always FBI.
The callsign might help if it were an image of an FCC licensed base, but the NTIA callsigns for federal agencies (they are very similar to FCC callsigns) are not publicly accessible anymore due to security concerns. They are not in the FCC's ULS database.

TonyS

AFAIK the Menlo Park (Edison) facility is still open. I'll try listening to that freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.