16722 khz SSB Brief mystery transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkSteinCA

Hi, been lurking here for a long time and finally found a frequency on either my scanners or shortwave I can't figure out.

Last weekend, sitting on my patio at 0103 UTC with built in antenna, Eton E5, 16,722 khz, SSB I hear something. By the time I realized is was sideband and adjusted, the transmission stopped. I Googled this frequency +/- 5 khz and can't figure out what I was hearing. The conversation sounded like typical ham on SSB, but was a language I didn't recognize until the end when one party said goodbye in English.

Driving me nuts, any ideas? And yes, I shall take part in the forum more now, no more lurking...

xe1kan

I heard the same conversation you described on the same frequency in USB at 0805 UTC aproximately. I believe it's a phone patch because I heard some phone ringing too. I catched some words in spanish as well as in english at the end ("buh-bye I love you" in a bad english accent) but none of those were the languages spoken.

Let me know if you discovery anything about this. Thanks!

brandon

Database Admin
A lot of Filipino fishermen use that 16 meg range. The language heard is Tagalog. Can hear them almost all hours of the day from California.

Try 16540, 16545, 16550 and others in that range. Very busy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.