168.5500 +/-

ecps92

down here in New England we've had 168.5500 +/- pop up during the VHF Band openings and it's been heard as far south as Long Island NY

Wondering if anyone of our northern cousins has found this and knows who/what it could be,
None of the current radios or DSD seem to decode it from our short [past few weeks] of sluething.

Freemor

down here in New England we've had 168.5500 +/- pop up during the VHF Band openings and it's been heard as far south as Long Island NY

Wondering if anyone of our northern cousins has found this and knows who/what it could be,
None of the current radios or DSD seem to decode it from our short [past few weeks] of sluething.
I see it here in NB too. A very buzzzy sounding signal. From the scintillation it is definitely not local. Maybe something in Maine or further down the coast?

ecps92

In Canada we use 168.555 (i dont see any instance of .55) most often an input to a repeater @ 164 <Mhz
could be
TAFL Licence Details (*DMR)
TAFL Licence Details (*Analog)
nada in NFL/Labrador
nada in Nova Scotia
a bunch in Ontario
a few in Quebec
Thanks for that TAFL insight.
I did know the +/- as we've have some Canadian Business Ops used down here, and had to adjust from my 12.5 FEDERAL monitoring down to the use of 5 kHz

Been trying to compare the sounds via some web sites, a few thoughts went to TETRA

and it is only been found/heard down here New England/NJ/NY during major band openings.