169.9250 Encrypted

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I have been hearing traffic for about a week or so on 169.9250 here in Berkeley County. it has been encrypted every time. according to the RR wiki, it's Secret Service. I may be hearing it from closer to DC, but I have not heard it at work in Ashburn, VA.

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
Maybe they're talking about you listening to them talking about you?

I heard a couple of blurbs on 163.975 [?] here [Charleston] a couple of days ago. Maybe the FBI OTAR-ing some radios?

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I really don't care if they are talking about me...I'm doing nothing illegal.

maybe if they come visit me, I can ask for them to show me their radios right after I ask to see a warrent. :)

Gilligan

Database Admin
No need to double post... here's your answer, from the post at http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35784&highlight=169.925

spanner said:
169.925 is Camp David.
Its P-25, and I have not been close enough with my 96 to hear it clearly.....

I'm willing to bet they are simulcasting, and that's why you're hearing it on both sides. I doubt they will rebroadcast much longer, as it may just be serving as a link or something right now.

By double post, I'm referring to http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40408 posted on the 18th. Just hit reply from that thread and it will become the top active thread until another one is more recent.

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
mike_s104 said:
maybe if they come visit me, I can ask for them to show me their radios right after I ask to see a warrent. :)

Remember the good, ole' days when the frequency used to be engraved on the back, and that was all we needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.