171.1mhz, Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortwavewave

My scanner keeps landing on this freq, Ive looked in the DB but havent found anything around OKC

Its very faint and I know that theres voice in there, only words Ive picked up were
"Your Digger is not in the right place, you need to move it"

Im really confused, is it possible to be picking up skip for a few days in a row?

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
You might be picking up the wireless comm system for a local fast food restaurant. Try 154.6 and see if it's the other side of the conversation. Do you have a McDonalds close to you?

Shortwavewave

I know what freq my local mcdonnalds is on its 930.0mhz I live real close to 29th and douglas, and the taco bell is somewhere in the 400mhz range, dont listen to it much.

Shortwavewave

Correction its 171.105mhz, apperently its somthing to do with oil? if thats true? what is a digger than? any oil people here?

and it cant be bleed over, ive have two scanners here pro99 and bct8 and they both pick it up.

mam1081

Feed Provider
I doubt oil exploration companies would use something like that. Road boring equipment operators or surveyors are my guess. Looking at the nation-wide licenses for that area of frequencies returns surveying/security system type of services (other than testing freq ranges for manufacturers and such).

Status
Not open for further replies.