Status
Not open for further replies.

firefighter89

Does anyone know who uses this frequency? I have searched the FCC website and didn't find anyone licensed for this frequency. It sounds like someone has a radio keyed up next to a TV and its been like this for about 20 minutes.

Just as I was writing this it stopped.

KC0QNB

All I can find is government exclusive, anyone knocking at your door yet?
could also be bleed over form vhf TV channel 7, or something else all together, add and subtract 10.7mHz to see what if anything comes up near you, one other option considering the brevity of the signal, there are some wireless microphones that operate in that frequency area.

Last edited:

firefighter89

I've got my radio stopped on this frequency but I haven't heard anything else yet. I had it on CTCSS tone search and it kept jumping around to different tones.

Last edited:

firefighter89

All I can find is government exclusive, anyone knocking at your door yet?
could also be bleed over form vhf TV channel 7, or something else all together, add and subtract 10.7mHz to see what if anything comes up near you, one other option considering the brevity of the signal, there are some wireless microphones that operate in that frequency area.

VHF TV channel 7 is used in my county but what I was hearing on 171.350 was not the same thing that was on TV.

When I was receiving whatever it was I did try tuning to 171.3375 and 171.3625 but it didn't come in clear on those frequencies. It came in very clear on 171.350.

KC0QNB

I've got my radio stopped on this frequency but I haven't heard anything else yet. I had it on CTCSS tone search and it kept jumping around to different tones.
DPL?
Want to have some fun? OK here you go there is a cool application that I use for a number of audio analysis
tasks it is called spectrum lab, aka spec lab, available here http://www.qsl.net/dl4yhf/spectra1.html
I must warn you this is not an easy application to use, when you work with some of the advanced features this is a very powerful program, "out of the box" it is fairly easy to "see" what is out there.
just plug your scanner audio into your sound card line in, select the correct sound card and source, start the program, click the start sound thread, it should start running, you will see something like this.

capt0806210802.jpg

the dark area at the bottom is no input (scanner off), the blue and black area with the red streaks are scanner on, not receiving, you can see I have a noise issue, the brighter area with reds and yellows, is scanner on, receiving traffic.

ecps92

Back in the 90's this was an FBI channel in Virginia, any CTCSS Tone ??

VHF TV channel 7 is used in my county but what I was hearing on 171.350 was not the same thing that was on TV.

When I was receiving whatever it was I did try tuning to 171.3375 and 171.3625 but it didn't come in clear on those frequencies. It came in very clear on 171.350.

LarrySC

On the VHF band you get an image at twice the IF freq. :f+10.7x2=Image. Sample: 151.625+21.4=173.025. SO what ever you hear on 151.625 can also be heard on 173.025 if it is a dual conversion receiver. Try the formula in reverse. If thats not it unplug your modem and router.

Status
Not open for further replies.