171.66250MHz NAC100

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
I've been picking up sporadic, infrequent transmissions today on 171.66250 NAC100, mixed secure and clear. The clear content involved roll call and post assignments. I've never seen that combination in New York, but I actually recognize that combination as CBP BORTAC New England since I usually encounter it heading back north. Possible it may be being used by someone else, but, with recent operations announced by DOJ it might be worth scanning the VHF federal spectrum for the time being.

(PS: Not a political post...can we keep it that way, please?)

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
I have previously caught NAC 935 on that frequency but only in secure. Thanks for the heads up.

ecps92

The band has been open for awhile [North-South] , and that channel in Maine is the BP Jackman NET in the Augusta area.
Not exclusive to BORTAC :) Could be that, or something more Temp/Local to you in NY/NJ ?

Hearing it on a Scanner or DSD+ ?? If DSD+ maybe the RID's will clearify more
Any locations mentioned in the Roll Call, or Call Signs that might link back to the NTIA Callsign?

I've been picking up sporadic, infrequent transmissions today on 171.66250 NAC100, mixed secure and clear. The clear content involved roll call and post assignments. I've never seen that combination in New York, but I actually recognize that combination as CBP BORTAC New England since I usually encounter it heading back north. Possible it may be being used by someone else, but, with recent operations announced by DOJ it might be worth scanning the VHF federal spectrum for the time being.

(PS: Not a political post...can we keep it that way, please?)

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
The band has been open for awhile [North-South] , and that channel in Maine is the BP Jackman NET in the Augusta area.
Not exclusive to BORTAC :) Could be that, or something more Temp/Local to you in NY/NJ ?

Hearing it on a Scanner or DSD+ ?? If DSD+ maybe the RID's will clearify more
Any locations mentioned in the Roll Call, or Call Signs that might link back to the NTIA Callsign?

Scanner, portable, duck antenna leaving lower Manhattan and in Jersey City. Definitely was not skip. I'm very familiar with the border area between Eustice and Estcourt, particularly the Jackman/Holeb/Keough/Skinner/Boundry section. For Jackman Sector (a long ways from Augusta, 100+mi) that is exclusive to BORTAC, with the primary nets being on 4 other frequencies, for which the database is vague and somewhat out of date. It's specifically programmed into Jackman, Estcourt and Sandy Bay mobiles as "BORTAC NE PRI" and is referred to by the agents I know personally as BORTAC New England.

Last edited:

ecps92

Jackman does cover down into Augusta and Wiscasset and north, for much of "Central Maine"
Scanner, portable, duck antenna leaving lower Manhattan and in Jersey City. Definitely was not skip. I'm very familiar with the border area between Eustice and Estcourt, particularly the Jackman/Holeb/Keough/Skinner/Boundry section. For Jackman Sector (a long ways from Augusta, 100+mi) that is exclusive to BORTAC, with the primary nets being on 4 other frequencies, for which the database is vague and somewhat out of date. It's specifically programmed into Jackman, Estcourt and Sandy Bay mobiles as "BORTAC NE PRI" and is referred to by the agents I know personally as BORTAC New England.

Status
Not open for further replies.