171.875 Voice Repeater?

Status
Not open for further replies.

appalachianscanner

Premium Subscriber
Been hearing transmissions on 171.875 - apparent repeater- analog (no CTCSS or DCS) - lots of chit chat mentioned going back somewhere, references to Henderson and Transylvania Counties, Possibly North Carolina and among both parties relating to training dogs in the field / woods.

ANY IDEAS?

I did hear some data bursts but I suspect those were related to an IFLOWS system in West Virginia.. see> http://www.afws.net/supportsite/iflows/wv/wvblock.pdf

CROSS POST: I posted the above in NC forum, my question here is just a simple one...can anyone confirm if the above frequency used in conjunction with the iflows systems carries a voice repeater ... with no ctcss/dcs ?

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Iflows chatter is usually on WVIRP system and I don't think that frequency has anything to do with it.(That frequency is not in the WV database either.)

Last edited:

appalachianscanner

Premium Subscriber
Re:

Looks like there is a similar system in NC with the same federally allocated freqs and a "repeat whatever it hears" system ...so that possibly explains the lack of pl/dcs...we may have figured what but not who...

wvscanner

Database Admin
In the Beckley area I have came across those while trying to run some of the old mic freq in the past. I think at one time I had around 4 for Beckley but never heard anyone talk on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.