173.275 CSX Richmond Acca South Yard Securty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainman111

There's an entry in the database that was added in February for this frequency, listing it at "Acca South Yard Security" I'm hoping that whoever submitted that entry sees this and may be able to confirm its actual usage. The callsign seems to indicate it is a lower powered repeater. Rather than "South Yard Security" could this just be a CSX Police repeater for the Richmond area? Of note, that same frequency is used by Amtrak Police who have also had a presence in Richmond for about a year now.

Larry51

Premium Subscriber
The FCC database shows an entry for 173.275 for CSX Transportation in Richmond. The only assignment in VA. It's for a 20 watt base and 5 watt mobile.

Address of the base is "2100 WESTWOOD AVE, RICHMOND, VA HENRICO County" call sign is WQLM996

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
I'm not hearing anything on that so far. The database also has several frequencies for the RF&P Subdivision that I've never heard.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

trainman111

Yeah, there are a lot of frequencies in our DB that aren't used. I'm actually in the process of reorganizing all of the railroad information and sorting the frequencies by railroad and subdivision where they're used, to submit as an update/overhaul of what we currently have. If you look at PA and NC, that's how I'm working on arranging them.

Larry51

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, there are a lot of frequencies in our DB that aren't used. I'm actually in the process of reorganizing all of the railroad information and sorting the frequencies by railroad and subdivision where they're used, to submit as an update/overhaul of what we currently have. If you look at PA and NC, that's how I'm working on arranging them.
Have you updated Virginia yet? The subdivision arrangement looks very similar to what you did for NC. Appreciate your efforts.

trainman111

I have not submitted updates yet, it's still a work in progress getting everything organized. It'll probably take me a month or so to complete. I can't take responsibility for NC's railroad database, but that's what I'm looking to replicate for Virginia.

Status
Not open for further replies.