173.7875 P25 Phase 2 Control Channel

nd5y

How do you spot p25 control channels?
It depends on what scanner/receiver you are using. Normally you do a band search in analog mode and it will stop on the control channel (or any other signal that is on the air at the time). You can tell a P25 control channel by the sound. After you find it you can analyze it to see what system it is.

ecps92

That one has Been around since atleast 2016, but never really Identified.
$302 does Point to Customs, but a NAC alone is not a positive Identification
That one Freq is generally seen in use by Customs, ICE and BP in different regions
The UID is in the range seen before for CBP, ... keep listening and see if you hear anything else to ID
such as "Sector" or call signs..
I went through some of my recordings and most of the audio was ENC or was not decoded properly. I did catch this short clip of someone doing a radio check. Their reply was ENC.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
Heard testing on site 67, Mt Tam, 173.7875 around 1:20 local yesterday afternoon. "System test" heard on talk group 107 from radio id 6048998. There was another unit in there too, but did not get the radio ID.

daniel18522

TG 7155 popped up today on 172.2375, site 79. "Respond Transport, east gate"

TG 1 is definitely the most active with the majority of audio ENC. Been monitoring for a few weeks now.

TG 1 "Any available response, transport needed, back gate."
TG 1 "Lane 2, 454 vehicles, zero alarms."
TG 1 "I have a (Inaudible) for an Oakland seaport please." Response ENC "2811 Thank you"

officer_415

Database Admin
TG 7155 popped up today on 172.2375, site 79. "Respond Transport, east gate"

TG 1 is definitely the most active with the majority of audio ENC. Been monitoring for a few weeks now.

TG 1 "Any available response, transport needed, back gate."
TG 1 "Lane 2, 454 vehicles, zero alarms."
TG 1 "I have a (Inaudible) for an Oakland seaport please." Response ENC "2811 Thank you"

Maybe CBP for the Port of Oakland? Do you know where Site 79 is located?

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
I am looking for things to do on my HP-1. Can't monitor the SVRCS and can't monitor a lot of the newer DMR systems. Was hoping to scan this system and provide some recordings. Unfortunately, I can't pick it up with the built in antenna.

My loss is your gain. ;) Please find a HP-1 hpe file. I created to systems, the first is a P25 configuration. The second is a conventional system that has the frequencies separated by site. You can use the second scan list to quickly see if a particular site can be monitored from your location.

Please let me know if there are any errors and if you found this useful.

Thanks!

Attachments

• HPE.zip
    1,003 bytes · Views: 5

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know why @wa8pyr updated this system?

I'm not complaining, just curious. In fact, I had been concerned about some questionable/unverified data making it into the RRDB in the past. If this is an attempt to address unverified data, then that is great. If I'm mistaken, I'd love to hear what happened.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Does anyone know why @wa8pyr updated this system?

I'm not complaining, just curious. In fact, I had been concerned about some questionable/unverified data making it into the RRDB in the past. If this is an attempt to address unverified data, then that is great. If I'm mistaken, I'd love to hear what happened.

No county entries on the sites. Those with unconfirmed location all now say UNKNOWN until someone confirms site location and submits the information.

I've advised the admin staff to start cracking down on submissions of data like this with no location given. Even a monitoring post location from which one can physically monitor a site would help narrow it down somewhat.

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
Site 78 changed control channel to 172.050 to avoid the interference issue with Klamath National Forest.
Site 75 I'm pretty sure is Cohasset Ridge in Butte County. There's plenty of conventional fed up there.
Site 74 is new, control channel 169.550, and I believe north and east of the Red Bluff area.
Submitted to the DB. Still working on isolating 74's location.

UID 6603003 joined TG 116 on Site 75 yesterday.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I was up at South Fork Mountain just outside of Reading today and was picking up a strong signal from site 4A on 169.55. Unfortunately I was already mobile by the time I discovered I was receiving it so I was unable to analyze it.

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
I was up at South Fork Mountain just outside of Reading today and was picking up a strong signal from site 4A on 169.55. Unfortunately I was already mobile by the time I discovered I was receiving it so I was unable to analyze it.

I totally forgot about this with fire season and covid. I meant to sniff out the 169.550 sometime. I have a few spots that shelters from Southfork that still sees the east side sites along Hatchet Mtn (hwy 299 above Burney), but I don't have much luck separating Shasta Bally and Southfork since they are very close together, and overlapping VHF footprint pretty much everywhere until you get way out in the fringes (and by then it's still blur.) When you realized you were receiving this, where were you? Just missed it being at the Southfork site with no antenna and a wet finger on the bnc would have confirmed this one. ;)

Just saw this thread. I am willing to bet this new system is either FBI or DEA like one person said last year. Drugs Inc has recently picked up doing a lot of shows in the San Jose and east Bay Area. So it makes sense that the agency would dedicate more money to the area and improve the systems the federal agents use.