17th & Harvard Damage in Tulsa

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommShrek

I'm shocked. TAEMA is actually talking to each other on their 800mhz TG's. I usually don't hear much from them on the radio. Anyway, there's some pretty heavy building damage at 17th & Harvard from the storm that just rolled though. Tulsa Fire has a unified command set up on "C". Some pretty good listening over there. Lots of folks involved with that. I think there was a roof colapse that was fairly significant.

robertdx

TFD is now split, Area1 on C and Area2 on D. Sounds like Area2 is the fairgrounds alone. Lots of interesting traffic.

KD5WLX

The significant damage is the big church next to Central Tag Agency and across from Lanier Elementary. A large chunk of the church roof was peeled off and is now upside down on the roof of the Tag agency. Good video from the helo on Channel 6 earlier this morning.

It hits close to home, too. My neighbor has a 30" diameter maple tree that uprooted and landed square across the house - roof has significant structural damage (house is probably unlivable for the time being, maybe permanently). And my push up pole with my dual-bander and 2 dipoles folded over at the 30' point. Antennas were laying flat on the roof this morning when the sun came up and the pole is ruined. And no, the guy wires did NOT fail - the wind hit exactly in the "V" between guys (judging by the direction it folded) and laid it over directly towards the third guy. The other two "upwind" guys were still attached at both ends.

robertdx

KD5WLX said:
The significant damage is the big church next to Central Tag Agency and across from Lanier Elementary. A large chunk of the church roof was peeled off and is now upside down on the roof of the Tag agency. Good video from the helo on Channel 6 earlier this morning.

It hits close to home, too.

Whats really weird is that I just renewed my tags at that office yesterday during lunch. :eek:

okla-lawman

I was there when it happened. In all my years I have never seen anything like it. The winds were incredible. It was like a large fire hose. The water coming down was unbeleivble. I estimate the winds were apraoching 80 mph. At one point it hailed and and it was blowing horizontal.

Status
Not open for further replies.