18 year old charged with stealing radios in Suffolk Co. NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
Steven Riddle! That name sounds familiar. I think he used to be a member here on Radio Reference.

N

N_Jay

I wonder if anyone who bought equipment should worry that it was stolen property?

mikepdx

Last edited:

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I got curious and did a little research, then got even more curious. Bohemia is on the south shore of central Long Island while Jackson Heights is in Queens so does he have a second home or did he fail to change his address with the FCC since being assigned his vanity callsign in 2008? Either way considering the neighborhoods the kid has money so why steal the radios?

W3MOT
Riddle, Steven
3347 91st St
Jackson Heights, NY 11372

Mike just jumped in here and caught me off guard (;->) so in post edit I say thanks for providing valuable clues. Check out the prices and the phrase "I have a ton of these" which raises the biggest red flag I've seen in years! Amazing, simply amazing just how DUMB this kid is!

Last edited:

chrismol1

Premium Subscriber
http://forums.radioreference.com/1157379-post1.html

"Hello, have the following for sale:
800MHZ MTS2000 Model 1 SMARTZone trunking
I have a ton of these. Rebanded supported! These radios were refurbished within the last six months."

Looks like he was liquidating his loot :roll:

From the New York Post:

"He's charged with stealing two radios from a Sayville Community ambulance on Dec. 27, two portable radios from a West Sayville fire chief's vehicle between Dec. 24 and 26, and two portable radios from an East Moriches fire vehicle on New Year's Day.
That same day, he allegedly broke a window in a Crown Victoria owned by the volunteer fire department, earning himself a criminal-mischief charge."
wow, did he hit up just about every agency in the county?

Last edited:

Astro25

You can also see what he's sold on eBay, his 2 user names are:

W3MOT, and w3m0to6

This idiot was also selling a couple XTL5000s a while back too.

Unreal...

MaxMan1986

As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I somehow knew it would be him. And to think I tried to defend him when he first started his crazy antics on the Fordyce.org forum. I should have known better. :(

GTR8000

Well Known Member
Database Admin
There are a number of sketchy members around here whose posts set off alarm bells in my head when I read them. This kid was definitely one of them, but there are still quite a few active guys here who I imagine are up to no good based on their posts. It's a real shame we have these scumbags among us, especially those who use the information gathered for criminal activity instead of enjoying the hobby. The guys who use frequency/tone info to transmit, even if they bought the radio legit, piss me off just as much as the outright thieves. Rotten apples.

Status
Not open for further replies.