18 year old charged with stealing radios in Suffolk Co. NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

nova1010

You may want to ask him to remove your name from his friends list now.

Im not worried about that,the only thing I ever bought off or traded him was scanners back in 2006 and he went by the name Firerescue3120 also known as SCPDfan.

Just removed him from mine I want nothing to do with him.

Last edited:

SKYNET156

Duplicate account of Tom Sherman
Banned
I remember SCPDfan...didn't he get banned from here? It's people like him who steal radios and interfer with tranmissions that make an agency go encrypted, the kid thought he was a FF or something, well..he can help put out the fires in prison...

FFPM571

I love this reply.. "WTF is a taxi company doing with digital radios?? They don't need those!!! Meet me over there with your crowbar and duffel bag!" guess he wasnt kidding...

kd8jhc

Didn't see that mentioned anywhere.... would be hard to believe a kid with a "serious radio fetish" could have such a stockpile of (largely stolen) radios and never have transmitted on any of them.

Gezelle007

Premium Subscriber
Didn't see that mentioned anywhere.... would be hard to believe a kid with a "serious radio fetish" could have such a stockpile of (largely stolen) radios and never have transmitted on any of them.
yea i know i bet he did, that makes me mad- but what makes me even more mad is the fact that he possibly just stole the radios and then sold them to make money.....

IW_RADIO

I've been telling many of you (including several moderators) about this sicko kid for years. He started out when he was 13-14 years old on the old Fordyce scanning message board which he eventually hacked into. He got nabbed by the FCC about 2 years ago for jamming public safety and amateur radio repeaters. He has been under investigation by Suffolk County PD Detectives for several months with it concluding last month. If anyone on here has purchased any two-way commericial radios from him over the past few years, I would contact the SCPD 5th Precinct Detective Squad ASAP because more than likely they were stolen.

nova1010

What gets me is that the kid was smart he knew his radios why wouldn't use that knowledge toward something positive he could have made something out of himself instead of a theif.

W9GC

Database Administrator
Database Admin
http://www.fcc.gov/eb/FieldNotices/2003/DOC-279732A1.html

NOTICE
FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION

ENFORCEMENT BUREAU

NORTHEAST REGION

New York Office

201 Varick Street, Suite 1151

New York, New York 10014

January 15, 2008

(Sent via Certified Return Receipt Requested and First Class U.S. Mail)

Steven Riddle

Bohemia, New York

NOTICE OF UNLICENSED OPERATION

Case Number: EB-07-NY-408

Document Number: W20083238021

The New York Office received a complaint of interference to FCC licensees authorized to operate on various frequencies assigned to public safety entities in Suffolk County of New York. The New York Office also received information that on or about August 26, 2007, you operated portable radio transmitting equipment on various frequencies in Bohemia, NY. The Commission's records show that no license was issued for operation on those frequencies at this location.

Radio stations must be licensed by the FCC pursuant to 47 U.S.C. S: 301. You are hereby warned that operation of radio transmitting equipment without a valid radio station authorization constitutes a violation of 47 U.S.C. S: 301 and could subject the operator to severe penalties, including, but not limited to, substantial monetary fines, in rem arrest action against the offending radio equipment, and criminal sanctions including imprisonment. (see 47 U.S.C. S:S: 401, 501, 503 and 510).

UNLICENSED OPERATION OF THIS RADIO STATION MUST BE DISCONTINUED IMMEDIATELY.

You have ten (10) days from the date of this notice to respond with any evidence that you have authority to operate granted by the FCC. Your response should be sent to the address in the letterhead and reference the listed case and document number. Under the Privacy Act of 1974, 5 U.S.C. S: 552a(e)(3), we are informing you that the Commission's staff will use all relevant material information before it to determine what, if any, enforcement action is required to ensure your compliance with FCC Rules. This will include any information that you disclose in your reply.

You may contact this office if you have any questions.

Daniel W. Noel

District Director

New York Office

Attachments:

Excerpts from the Communications Act of 1934, As Amended

Enforcement Bureau, "Inspection Fact Sheet", July 2003

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
What gets me is that the kid was smart he knew his radios why wouldn't use that knowledge toward something positive he could have made something out of himself instead of a theif.
Just like jayhaed saade, he's only 14 and he had a dream or passion to run a radio station in the future, he just screwed up big time with IC and is now off the air, though he may have went through the paperwork still he sets up another transmitter after being told not to get back on the air :) he got himself nabbed, prime example just like o'l steven here just jayhaed didnt steal, he purchased but was operating illegally.

Guess steven had everything on his mind except for common sense.

WPUF920

W3mot

I've been telling many of you (including several moderators) about this sicko kid for years. He started out when he was 13-14 years old on the old Fordyce scanning message board which he eventually hacked into. He got nabbed by the FCC about 2 years ago for jamming public safety and amateur radio repeaters. He has been under investigation by Suffolk County PD Detectives for several months with it concluding last month. If anyone on here has purchased any two-way commericial radios from him over the past few years, I would contact the SCPD 5th Precinct Detective Squad ASAP because more than likely they were stolen.
I have to agree with IW_RADIO, Contact the 5th squad at Suffolk County PD, Wether they be radios or AED Equipment. He has not only jammed FD, But PD and EMS, as well as Ham Radio Repeaters, GMRS Repeaters, Taxi's, Bus Companys, Oil Companys, Airport Ground Operations, You name it, he has done it, and has been caught several times. It took the FCC 2 years to send him a letter and when he got arrested before for hindering governmental communications, he got a slap on the wrist, being he was a "Youthful Offender"....Im sure he will get another slap on the wrist and he will be back doing what he was doing before. I wonder how many years it will take them to catch him again....

Status
Not open for further replies.