19 DEAD IN BRONX FIRE !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MStep

19 people dead in a fire in The Bronx, NYC !!! That SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN in a city like New York. Not with the FDNY. Something had to go horribly wrong. Many prayers needed.

Last edited:

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Very sad, we just had it happen in Philly with eight children and four adults dead in Housing Authority overcrowded house with four non functioning smoke alarms. Very sad.

KB1UAM

The dispatcher that was on duty today was on his Final shift. His dispatcher number was 150 for the Bronx Fire Alarm operator.

MStep

Note To Forum Monitor: Can you please move this to the NY Breaking News thread? That's where I should have put it. Thank you.

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
Preliminary reports indicate a space heater started the fire. In the process of evacuating, a fire door was allowed to remain open causing smoke and flames to propagate through the building. Lots to investigate here in the realm of code enforcement.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Folks, let's try to stay focused on the communications aspects of this incident. There are many other forums where you can talk about fire prevention.

As for moving the thread, in the future, please use the Report feature to alert one of the moderators.

ten13

Premium Subscriber
That SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN in a city like New York. Not with the FDNY.

Why?

Did they start the fire?

Blame the clown who started the fire.

Besides, no one said that when there were 87 DOAs on Southern Blvd in 1990, or 25 DOAs on Morris Ave in 1976, both in the Bronx.

MStep

Why?

Did they start the fire?

Blame the clown who started the fire.

Besides, no one said that when there were 87 DOAs on Southern Blvd in 1990, or 25 DOAs on Morris Ave in 1976, both in the Bronx.

You missed my point. The FDNY did everything right. I sent you a private message. And I agree with the moderator that we should keep this focused on the communications aspect of this fire.

In that regard, there are already tapes of the radio and handi-talkie traffic along with video of this fire. Warning: Some of the content on this YouTube channel is graphic, but the communications are so important that those interested should view this:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.