1900mhz Yagi help

Status
Not open for further replies.

janopey

Hey guys I have done the "Google" search of doom and found several Yagi calculators and each give me different values for building a 14db gain 1900mhz Yagi. Any help just steering me to a reliable one would be much appreciated

janopey

I made a biquad as proof of concept to see what I can get and it gets me 25/6 for speed but it's also not that directional so I'm trying to be nice to the RF environment by making a Yagi to narrow my beam

prcguy

I would not attempt making a Yagi for 1900MHz unless you already have some experience with microwave antennas and have some test equipment to measure what you are building. Otherwise you can spend a lot of time and have something that looks like an antenna but you will never know if its working right. You can buy a nice Yagi for that range for probably $25 on Ebay.

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
Would you consider a helix? They tend to be a little more forgiving of dimensions.
Joel

janopey

I would not attempt making a Yagi for 1900MHz unless you already have some experience with microwave antennas and have some test equipment to measure what you are building. Otherwise you can spend a lot of time and have something that looks like an antenna but you will never know if its working right. You can buy a nice Yagi for that range for probably $25 on Ebay.
Yeah I attempted but like you said without the gear I have no way of testing to see if it worked other than hooking it to the router and seeing if I get any better SNR

janopey

I found 1 Wilson yagi on ebay and got it will see if it works out its no longer made by Wilson but is a true 1900mhz yagi at 14db gain. Now if it works I will need another one for MIMO. Thanks for the replies guys

Status
Not open for further replies.