197 works well then no reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

bep

Premium Subscriber
I have a 6 month old RS197 that has worked well, until late. It has the current firmware update.

I noticed that it was very quiet, not receiving anything. Out of curiosity I turned on my Pro-106 and it was chattering away. I turned off the 197 and turned it on, all was good receiving fine. Worked for about two days and I just noticed the same issue. On/off corrected the problem. The radio is never touched, so I doubt it is a connection issue.

Anyone else have this or corrected this?

Thanks

BEP

bep

Premium Subscriber
An update. Seems it only took about 20 minutes for the 197 to go back to being silent. My hand held is doing all the talking

I am scanning a P26 system ( ORION Virginia Beach, Va.).

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Take a STEREO mini cable and clone the 197 from the 106 to make sure there are no minor/major differences in the programing between the radios. If the problem persists, the radio has a 1 year warranty. Have your local store send it in for a check up.

bep

Premium Subscriber
Both were uploaded with the same programming from the same data file. I guess I will have to make a trip to the local store and see what needs to be done.

Thanks

ST-Bob

Premium Subscriber
The 197 may have lost its marbles and need to be reset to factory defaults (which clears the memory). Then use the stereo audio cable to clone the 197 from the 106 as directed above. If this doesn't fix it permanently, then send it back for repair/replacement.

kamikaze1

Premium Subscriber
yes

i had to reset mine duel to some how attenuator got set for all channels no idea how but i fixed it with factory reset

bep

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, will give that a try Monday morning.
Did see that there was some changes to the Db, so I better start there

Status
Not open for further replies.