1987 Ford Taurus

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmhhutti

I have a 1987 ford taurus station wagon. I am sure you are thinking, a taurus probley isnt the ideal place to mount a radio but I asure you if I had A 2008 Ford F-250 like I really want, I would have my FT-7800R mounted in that but I have what I have so I deal with it. I got a Yaesu FT-7800R and kicked around mounting location ideas and came up with what you will see in the pictures. (Please keep in mind I have not completely finished installing all the stuff in it) For the rest of my project I plan on puting in a ram laptop mount and buying a hp 12inch touch screen laptop that will run at about 1,000 bucks along with 2 gps plus a 3rd gps that will connect to the laptop. I will be purchasing ethier another FT-7800R or FT-8800R and mounting that speration bracket to the existing one. I will add a scanner or 2 and some police lights w/controls. I wish i had space like lucky people so I could put in a consoul.

1111.JPG
This is the remote mounting braket with power cable.

2.JPG
This view shows the seperation of the face and location of the mic.

3.JPG
This is the speaker stuck underneath the front bench seat.

4.JPG
If you look at the bottom of the bracket you see the screw holes, I am kicking around the idea of mounting a second bracket to the existing one using those screw holes. Think it will work, or any ideas, or has anybody tried it and did it work?

5.JPG
This is a compartment where I am storing the rest of the radio body.

I have more pictures and I am going to try and put them on some how so bare with me.

If any body has any ideas on what to throw in please let me know.

nmhhutti

More Pics

Here are the rest of the pictures.

6.JPG
This shows were the wires are entering in to the compartment.(I know the wires are showing but I am trying to decied if I should hide them or what. Me getting a new vehical is also a decideing factor)

7.JPG
This is the main unit that I put in to the compartment that you saw the wires going in to.

8.JPG
This shows my antennas. The big one is a comet, and the small one is an xm. On the opisit side of the xm antenna there is another one.

I have been looking at other people and there installs and I must say there is alot of creativite put in to stuff.

If you have any comments or questions please let me know.

nmhhutti

Why you ask??

I work for a fire department and most of us use pov(Provide Own Vehical) to respond to calls. Thats why I plan on putting lights on my car. I am sure if I am going to yet or not. I am still looking at options that I have with lights.

nmhhutti

Okay you got me, but!

Okay I do alittle bit of both and the lights I would like to add to my vehical are something I have seen mostly on police cars. I have seen it on a chiefs fire rig that when it was coming at you with the lights on looked like a police car rather then a fire rig. Its a newer chevey suburben that is all black with no roof mount light bar. It has all conseald lights and has no identifing marks such as decals. I then noticed that the same department has an identical rig same year and color but with a roof mount light bar, decals, and conseald lights. They call it there Medic rig. So I hope that explanes some!

ncarpenter

Premium Subscriber
Hrmm, I'm not sure I would invest all that equipment in to a car that is over 20 years old, regardless of its condition. What's with having 3 GPS units? And your last post really didn't clarify anything other than you want lights that the police use. Are you talking about the "manufacturer" of the lights, or you want to run red/blue (which may be legal depending on the state you reside in) as to convey that you are a law enforcement vehicle? Whatever you do, please proceed safely and adhere to the law!

Status
Not open for further replies.