1989 s10 blazer

Status
Not open for further replies.

firedawg0069

here are some pictures of a console that i made from cherry veneer MDF and birch plywood that i ahd laying around the house.

Attachments

• driver side resized.jpg
    driver side resized.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 2,828
  • passenger side resized.jpg
    passenger side resized.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 2,365
  • rear resized.jpg
    rear resized.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 2,445
  • top raised reszized.jpg
    top raised reszized.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 2,310
  • top resized.jpg
    top resized.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 2,533

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Looks good. Might want to think about painting or covering it to match the interior. You might want to go ahead and explain the equipment or you will be branded a whacker by the SAPS!

SKYNET156

Duplicate account of Tom Sherman
Banned
I think it's a very cool idea, did you build it yourself, and sadly, some jerks will come along soon and ruin this post for you...

gambill1

Looks good. I see you have a uniden bc 350 a. I have had mine for over 10 years now and in 4 or 5 different vehicles. Have not put nothing in my new truck yet.

firedawg0069

yes skynet i built it myself out of some scrap material i had around the house, hence the birch top and cherry case. the equipment shown,from top to bottom is as follows:
vhf motorola radius scanning radio used for fire department
code 3 100 watt siren control
southern vp 6 switch panel for a mx7000 light bar
uniden bc350a scanner

all this is powered by a 8 gauge wire connected to battery, and you cannot see it in the picture it is bolts to the lower passenger side of console and the equipment connects to the bolt in the inside, will be adding a fuse panel soon for the equipment that is not fused. if you look in the first picture you see a blue covered switch, this is wired into the reverse lights to allow me some light when hooking up a trailer or when needed at rear of vehicle. also not shown are 2 lighter plugs in the front to use as extra power points

Last edited:

SKYNET156

Duplicate account of Tom Sherman
Banned
I think it's very neat, i wish i was mechanically inclined to build, i would do something like that, but very clean and nice job!

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
I agree with Skynet, that I wish I was smart enough to build something like that! It's a great idea, and I think you did an outstanding job! My wife would love the cup holders! I had to move my radio set up because the Mrs said she wanted her cup holders back (who the heck invited her to ride a long anyway!?). Be sure to post some outside/antenna pictures for us!

firedawg0069

thanks guys, like i said it was just some scrap pieces i had around the house. the cup holders were added after an order to "get some !@#$ cup holders in here" from the misses

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
Looks really nice to me! Gotta love the old vehicles that had more than enough room for equipment.

firedawg0069

I agree with Skynet, that I wish I was smart enough to build something like that! It's a great idea, and I think you did an outstanding job! My wife would love the cup holders! I had to move my radio set up because the Mrs said she wanted her cup holders back (who the heck invited her to ride a long anyway!?). Be sure to post some outside/antenna pictures for us!

watnny i would but cant tell you anything about them. the one for the scanner is a radio shack thu glass mount and the one for the motorola was a freebie from a friend. they both get done what i need so i am happy with them, but if everyone would like to see pics i will gladly post them

NSWESP

Premium Subscriber
Just something you might want to think about is a way of securing the hinge up lid shut. In the worst case you have an accident in the car that would fly open, having seen a few people end up across seats in pin jobs i would hate to see what that would do flying open across you.

firedawg0069

Just something you might want to think about is a way of securing the hinge up lid shut. In the worst case you have an accident in the car that would fly open, having seen a few people end up across seats in pin jobs i would hate to see what that would do flying open across you.

it is secured. it is fastened with 2 screws in the top corners

firedawg0069

ok everyone just a quick update. i am in the process of making a new console since i have added three gauges to monitor engine. will have pics of it, light bar and antenna set up posted as soon as i get it completed.

thanks for all the nice comments about the first one

Status
Not open for further replies.