1994 Accord install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper43

zuzu,
I won't get into a war over copyright and whats mine and what isn't, it's simple and straight forward, if I took the photo I own it period, I do not transfer any rights to anyone to use my photos unless they are willing to put up $$ for using them, and when I find my photos on a website or even in someones business knowing they didn't pay for it I take action. I have taken on CVS and WALMART for making copies of my photos for people who didn't pay for them or paid for one copy and made more from them. I even shut down an operation making t-shirts with my photos that were no authorized by me. The copyright laws have plenty of teeth if you have the right knowledge of them and how to use it to your advantage and if needed have an attorney who knows the laws as well.

V

Viper43

Well I will be getting my RAM laptop mount tomorrow and should have it installed by evening. I am going to start on it before it arrives as I have a mess of wiring to hide. I'm also adding my FT7800 and I have 2 GPS devices, one goes to the laptop, the other to the 996T and then there is the three handheld scanners I need to set up mounts for too. Suction cup mounts do not work so I have to figure out something with those and of course all the external speakers as the HH's can't power the hidden speakers.

More photos after I get it all set up.

V

Thanks WDZ. I may make a change or two down the road. First though I need a laptop mount.

V

HarryWilly

Dear Uniden,

Make a black faced option of the BCD996T for those of us who take advantage of the DIN-E/ISO-DIN mounting and want it to blend in with our cars, I am sure Viper43, me and others would love it very much. It wouldn't be hard, just use the one off the RH-96. Black with Green back-lighting or even amber has been what companies such as Motorola, Kenwood, and Icom have been using for years.

Sincerely,
HarrisonRHW

...But in all seriousness - Nice job, and way to use the factory speakers. How 'bout an antenna shot. I am sure you don't care about the color as much as I do - I guess I am picky like that.

Viper43

LOL, your right, I'd rather have audio than looks. Ummmm, hmmm, didn't think bout the antenna's as they aren't anything special. At the moment I'm running a 800Mhz antenna from Verizon for the in car wireless on a Dell laptop, the scanners are on a (temporarilly) a RS wideband mobile antenna and the FT-7800 will be on a ??? forgot what it is :) Ultimately I'll add my home built through the roof 800Mhz RS rubber duck for the scanners.
I did get the RAM laptop mount in today but need to make some adjustments, it's too high right now and it started raining about the time I got done which is why I didn't get photos yet.

V

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Exactly I agree, a black face on the 996T would be soo much nicer here

I think someone else said the one off the RH-96 wont fit for some reason.

But yes the black would be better, and im sure if it was b lack the original poster would stick with the 996

Dear Uniden,

Make a black faced option of the BCD996T for those of us who take advantage of the DIN-E/ISO-DIN mounting and want it to blend in with our cars, I am sure Viper43, me and others would love it very much. It wouldn't be hard, just use the one off the RH-96. Black with Green back-lighting or even amber has been what companies such as Motorola, Kenwood, and Icom have been using for years.

Sincerely,
HarrisonRHW

...But in all seriousness - Nice job, and way to use the factory speakers. How 'bout an antenna shot. I am sure you don't care about the color as much as I do - I guess I am picky like that.

Viper43

Actually the idea is to get the 996 out of view, not because of the color of the faceplate but less chance of someone breaking in and stealing it if all there is is a remote head.

V

Exactly I agree, a black face on the 996T would be soo much nicer here

I think someone else said the one off the RH-96 wont fit for some reason.

But yes the black would be better, and im sure if it was b lack the original poster would stick with the 996

kb8rvp

Just wondering how the two radio's work together. I have tried the Pro-2096, PSR-600 and BCD996t in the car just one at a time and have had different results. Just wondering if you try listening to the same systems at the same time to see if one is working while the other is may be missing things due to front end overload or a weak signal area.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.