1995 Trailblazer Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

POMedic

I have tried numerous times to come up with a professional looking set up to mount 2 radios in my 95 Trailblazer without hacking up the interior. This is the last time I buy a non-radio friendly vehicle, but I think this job turned out looking good.

I have 1 Motorola low band (Fire) and 1 Kenwood D700a (Ham/ Public Safety) mounted under the passengers seat. I have a gooseneck mount on the side of the console with a custom platform to mount the 2 control heads.

The 2 antennas are mounted on the center of the roof.

What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG00125.jpg
    IMG00125.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 2,029
  • IMG00127.jpg
    IMG00127.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 1,900

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
The last several vehicles I've purchase, I always look to see if it is radio friendly! Sometimes you just have to fabricate mounts for the vehicle! Looks like you did OK.

KM4WLV

The mount for the radio heads looks great & very functional. Any paticular reason you mounted the antennas to the roof rack instead of drilling & putting in NMO's?

And the first thing I do when I am considering a new car is what type of equipment will be going in it, and where is said equipment going to go in the car. I won't buy a vehicle that doesn't have a double DIN opening at the stereo. Thats where my scanner has gone in the last 2 vehicles. Saves A LOT of space.

Good looking job man, A++

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
Those are a couple of the good places to mount radios and don't you mean a 2005, they didn't make a trailblazer in 1995 it was an S10 Blazer, and they are a big time PITA to mount stuff in, I have a 2002 Trailblazer and I currently have just one scanner mounted to the dash with Velcro. I have a thread on mine with pics, but I need to update them as I've changed some things around. The link to my thread at the bottom. Its always nice to see more threads on the trailblazers, it lets us members that have them know where we can mount our equipment. For those interested in the Trailblazers you might also check out Trailvoy.com for more ideas.

http://forums.radioreference.com/pi...02-chevy-trailblazer-freelance-video-rig.html

N467RX

Panama DB Admin
Database Admin
How did you mount the antennas to the rack?

Yeah. The TB is horrible for installing radios, I ended up mounting mine to the center console, passenger side (and putting 4 holes in there in the process).

POMedic

Mounts

You are right, it is a 2005 Trailblazer.

The antenna mounts are Diamond K540 Mounts on the roof rack. Had to do a no holes install because it is a lease.

dnl

I have tried numerous times to come up with a professional looking set up to mount 2 radios in my 95 Trailblazer without hacking up the interior. This is the last time I buy a non-radio friendly vehicle, but I think this job turned out looking good.

I have 1 Motorola low band (Fire) and 1 Kenwood D700a (Ham/ Public Safety) mounted under the passengers seat. I have a gooseneck mount on the side of the console with a custom platform to mount the 2 control heads.

The 2 antennas are mounted on the center of the roof.

What do you think?

How did you get the coax in??? I have a 2006 tb and have looked at the doors and hatch and no luck!! Help! Dnl

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
What kind of antenna mounts are you thinking of, so far I've only used mag mounts because I don't want to drill holes in my roof yet and I use my roof rack quite often so its easier to unscrew the antennas from the mag mount. I've ran coax in a few different places, like under door gaskets and under interior panels, but they are not the easiest to work with unless you pull out a lot of the interior.

Status
Not open for further replies.