• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

1998 Chevy Silverado....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLTX11

I have only seen maybe 2 installs on this model truck. Wondering if there is anymore installs out there. I am looking to keep the existing console if possible and put in 3 radios.

I am curious to see how other's have installed their radios in the truck. If anyone has ran across some pics, post em up.

Thanks,
Cody

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
CLTX11 said:
I have only seen maybe 2 installs on this model truck. Wondering if there is anymore installs out there. I am looking to keep the existing console if possible and put in 3 radios.

Well the 98 were the last of the 88-98 body style, so any of those would be a starting point. If you can post pics of what console you have, it might help with suggestions. Many trucks have many different options, the "console" that is in my 2002 is different from a delux in another guys 2002.

jrw14493

My Set-up in a 1998 GMC 1500 X-cab pick-up. The thing from SIRENNET is pretty close to something I've been looking for for a while, Hell, I thought I was going to have to make something.

Attachments

• sitting shot.jpg
    sitting shot.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 23,058
  • DSC03697.jpg
    DSC03697.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 3,429

CLTX11

JRW, I haven't checked the specs on the truck to see if that mount from sirennet would fit.

You would have more of a problem because of the manual floor shifter, I have the push button. If you happen to get one from there keep me updated.

ayaresr

FWIW, I have that same cab, and have the Havis 14" Consolidator...very good fit and all the wiring gets hidden. I'll see about getting some pics tomorrow.
Ryan

CLTX11

ayaresr, Have you taken those photos yet? I would like to see them

JRW, I looked at that gamberjohnson page awhile back and they had bases etc that were universal, I found them for this year model but were a little pricey. I do like the stack master but again, a little higher than what I wanted to pay, that is why I was leaning towards the flexmaster even though its only a few dollars less.

I guess if you want a nice looking mount you are going to have to pay the price. Let me know when you get everything squared away and tell me how you like it and post up some pics.

Thanks

ayaresr

CLTX11, I have not gotten the photos yet, the camera was dead, I put it on charge and never got back to it...I'll take them tonight after work...I promise, sorry for anyone else that may have been waiting on these as well.
Ryan

CLTX11

ayaresr said:
CLTX11, I have not gotten the photos yet, the camera was dead, I put it on charge and never got back to it...I'll take them tonight after work...I promise, sorry for anyone else that may have been waiting on these as well.
Ryan

No rush Ryan, I appreciate you taking the photos to give us ideas. I have been meaning to put something in my truck to mount the radios for awhile but have not found anything I like.

jrw14493

Alright boys, the answer to your prayers....lol

I ordered the 3-unit StackMaster from SIRENNET. $110 shipped to my door, not bad I think, compared to my other options....Spent all day wiring, unwiring, installing and uninstalling, but finally it's in. Here are some pics. The rear of the unit is cluttered with wire loom going to under the dash so if you say it's cluttered, it's ok, I take criticism well!

Attachments

• DSC03982.jpg
    DSC03982.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 6,061
  • DSC03990.jpg
    DSC03990.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 24,819
  • DSC03992.jpg
    DSC03992.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 3,256

CLTX11

That fits pretty well, there really isnt much you can do with those wires really. Is that a Uniden 520XL? Did they provide spacers or did you just get some from the store?

I don't have the manual shift, it looks like its hard to get to.

I appreciate those pics!!! I will have to eventually invest in one.

jrw14493

Yea it's a 520. Don't use it hardly at all, but when I do, it works great!

That shift on the floor is just to go into 4 wheel drive, It's an automatic transmission, but with the lever on the floor to go into 4 wheel drive. It's still pretty easy to get to and I figured that I only use it 3 months out of the year that it wasn't neccessary to have extremely assessible.

All bracketry was incuded with the mount. I used the stock thumb screws that came with the CB and the switch box that mounted those two to the rack. Due to clearance issues on the sides of the 2055 I used some diffrent screws I found in my garage and they work perfectly. Otherwise, everything is stock with the mount.

One thing I would advise is use the included stabilizers. I can't in my case, or with any other stabilizers out there unless I went with a box ($$$). It doesn't wobble too bad but It does wobble.

Last edited:

CLTX11

ayaresr said:
Ryan

Ryan, you promised those pics :wink:

Seriously though, I would like to see them when you get a chance. I didn't want you to forget them.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.