1A0F Chicago trunked dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremym70

I have scanned the old Chicago Type 2 800 system quite a number of times over the last few days and have not heard a peep of activity other than the control channel? Does anyone still use that system anymore or I have not been monitoring at the right time? During past visits the system was very busy with "interesting" conversations.

Astro25

Every now and then something pops up but as you pointed out it's usually pretty quiet nowadays. Most 800 traffic is delegated to Starcom21. I'll set my XTS2500 to scan it once in a while but I rarely if ever hear anything.

chgomonitor

Silent Key
It's active. The telephone technicians use it daily. Marine units often pop up on it and sometimes other users, too. Happy Scanning! - Ted

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Hearing the mayor security, marine units and techs ......Has four signal bars here in Joliet using 996XT.....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Also today many iCalls being used about narrow-banding repeaters on south side....

jeremym70

I'm hearing a few conversations this afternoon on 352 and 45072, guess I didn't give it enough of a chance. Definitely is not as busy as it was last time I was here around 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.