• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

1st Dual Band DMR HT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Nope, I'll pass lol. Thanks for the update though. 73, n9zas

Chronic

The analog Baofengs are a pain to program , I can just imagine the nightmare of programing a Baofeng for DMR.

KD8DVR

The analog Baofengs are a pain to program , I can just imagine the nightmare of programing a Baofeng for DMR.
The Baofeng is only Tier 1. Essentially useless. Will not work on any repeater. It is essentially a DPMR radio.

AntiSquid disclaimer: All information provided is personal opinion only and may or may not resemble actual fact.

bharvey2

I noticed it's only 128 channels. That won't get you too far in the HAM DMR world unless you intend to program in just a few repeaters. I'm a little skeptical.

gewecke

Banned
I noticed it's only 128 channels. That won't get you too far in the HAM DMR world unless you intend to program in just a few repeaters. I'm a little skeptical.
Yep. Junk right out of the box. 73, n9zas

nd5y

If it's really Tier I only, the sellers will have fun with all the returns from the cluless who don't (or aren't smart enough to) research before buying.

We should have a contest for guessing how long it will take people to show up here on the forums asking why they can't program their local DMR repeater.

Last edited:

bharvey2

I'm a "never say never" kinda guy but I'm not yet convinced it really is a DMR radio. The photo of the radio doesn't look any different that the many, many variants of the UV5R radios that currently exist. The display doesn't suggest that it displays talkgroup information. Furthermore, and most importantly, there is no listing of its emission designator so who knows what DMR means to Baofeng?

gewecke

Banned
I'm a "never say never" kinda guy but I'm not yet convinced it really is a DMR radio. The photo of the radio doesn't look any different that the many, many variants of the UV5R radios that currently exist. The display doesn't suggest that it displays talkgroup information. Furthermore, and most importantly, there is no listing of its emission designator so who knows what DMR means to Baofeng?
. " Dollars Many Radio" :D. 73, n9zas

KD8DVR

If it's really Tier I only, the sellers will have fun with all the returns from the cluless who don't (or aren't smart enough to) research before buying.

We should have a contest for guessing how long it will take people to show up here on the forums asking why they can't program their local DMR repeater.

Once they go to market, It's gonna be fun :) Some may do the homework; but others won't believe it until they see for themselves.

SCPD

QRT
Only thing it'll do is be more annoying toy for people with no license or clue throwing whatever frequency in simplex once they figure it out and be keying up murs and gmrs frs with the cheap dpmr.

bharvey2

Baofeng and "Killer" used in the same sentence is an entertaining thought.....

I must have missed that. However what came to mind is that a Baofeng radio dropped from a tall building and accelerating at a rate of 32ft/sec/sec could then fall (pun? hmm) under the category of killer. Perhaps that is the only time.....

Australia4001

Premium Subscriber
Now QRZ and other sources are reporting this is a Tier 1 and 2 with a $10 purchase , possibly code to unlock software option . Just released info .

189d39fff1b67a00e2a1086e2309e328.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.