TRX-1: 1st impressions after a day

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelBhere

This is the kind of thing that drives me nuts on these scanners today, and where they are really missing the boat! A simple text search function to search for "objects" would solve this and many other similar issues. In yoru example, just select "Text Search", enter in "AA Fire" and bam, there it is, what would you like to do with AA Fire scanlist, turn on/off, edit it, delete it,.... This would just make things like this soooooo easy.

I read where the latest release listed a new search tool. Fn + 9. Going to check it out shortly.

kc2kth

Reading through this thread, I just got my TRX-1 last night. First thing I did was program by zip code which was simple enough, but I ended up with a lot in my scanlists. Second was to connect the scanner to my laptop to install the software - wow, brutally slow like that to copy the software over and install. I did all of the updates available - ezscan, CPU and DSP, classic GRE feel ;) - plus the library update which again really is slow over the cable as everyone already knows.

I've programmed some scan lists from the scanner after clearing channels but the software I can't really figure out yet. I've been in IT for 25 years and been using computers since the early 80s so that isn't saying much for the UX. I'm going to make an effort to tackle that though soon!

Sound quality is very good, but I'm not receiving certain VHF channels as well as on my Uniden 436 and HP2. This surprised me and I even swapped the stock TRX-1 antenna with a Watson 801. I use an 801 on my 436 as well so I thought that would be a good comparison.

Hopefully in a few more days of playing I'll have a better feel for how I want to set this up and will be able to do so with the software. I feel like I'm barely scratching the surface with just adding a few systems through the browse library method.

Machria

Premium Subscriber
I read where the latest release listed a new search tool. Fn + 9. Going to check it out shortly.

Saw that.

LOVING this scanner right now. I went away skiing this past weekend in VT. Saved my regular setup to a V scanner folder, started a new one, loaded Killington, VT via zipcode, added some ski freq's I found on the forum, and saved to another v folder. When I got there, loaded the Killington folder and away it went. Really great feature and super easy to use. Got home, switched back to my regular stuff and back in biz. Did the new update and the new text search is fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.