1st post/ pro96

Status
Not open for further replies.

arpege

Hello everyone!
I just bought my first scanner.. I am totally lost!! hehehe
I bought a usb scanner cable and the driver disc at RS. I wanted to update my firmware but it asks for a com port when I plug in the usb connection.. ??? I also D/l win 96 andI would like to add my areas police and fire info etc.. I feel like an idiot..
Lower merion, PA 19004 is the area I would like to monitor..
If anyone can help I would appreciate it!

thank U
arpege

arpege

I figured out how to update the firmware.. It now reads 1.3
I am still having a prob inputting the areas I want to monitor. Do I need to a premium membership to use win96? It tells me I am not a premium member..
thanks

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
arpege said:
I figured out how to update the firmware.. It now reads 1.3
I am still having a prob inputting the areas I want to monitor. Do I need to a premium membership to use win96? It tells me I am not a premium member..
thanks
If you mean to download data from this site (the Web Service), yes you must be a subscribing member. See this Wiki Page on the subscription program.

LarrySC

Move your post to your PA state forum and give your location. Could be someone down the street also has same radio with a good program. Maybe you could get a clone. Could be a Guru in the area that can custom pgm for you for a small fee. Backload pgm into win96 and save. Modify as needed. Download fresh. Good Luck.

Sorry that I can't help you with your Pro96 question, I am just learning about the "new breed" of scanners with a Uniden 396 and am also pretty much lost. Good advice on posting in the PA forum though, you might find what you need there.

I have Lower Merion programmed into my 396, my son goes to Haverford College and I plan on listening when I come to visit him.

Bentley

Just manually enter the information into win96 if you choose not to become a donating member of this site. Takes a little longer, but still MUCH faster if you were to try and program the scanner by hand with out the computer. Kudos for spending the extra 20 bucks or so on the usb cable. Its WELL worth it...it kills me how people will spend 500 on a nice digital scanner and then be to cheap to spend another 20 on the "necessary" cable.

You are definitley going on the right path by using win96, just keep messing around with it...thats how pretty much everyone on here learns stuff on their scanners and the win96 program. Dont worry, you cant break it by just playing around with it.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.