1Tac05 Channel for OPP

Status
Not open for further replies.

newtecradio

Tonight I was listening to the Nottawasaga/Dufferin OPP and the Dispatcher came on and asked all officers to change their radio to channel 1tac05. The dispatcher went on to say that their status buttons and 10-78 buttons wont work everything has to be done old school through voice.

Does anybody know what frequency this would be? I haven't heard anything on the Nottawasaga/Dufferin OPP Freq since this transmission. My big problem is I don't have a digital scanner.

Thanks in advance.

Ok found out 1Tac05 is a Digital Tac Channel why would they switch to this?

Last edited:

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
It is likely spring maintenance time on the towers. It tends to happen over a couple of nights twice a year. First night all units goto TAC channels and second night they all go on the OPC channel. EMS and anyone else on fleetnet are doing the same thing as the same time.

Sounds like you are just listening to the BEAT repeater which doesn't broadcast TAC channels.

OPP is all digital but if you happen to have a BEAT repeater in your area then you can pick it up on an old analog scanner if you have one.

newtecradio

It is likely spring maintenance time on the towers. It tends to happen over a couple of nights twice a year. First night all units goto TAC channels and second night they all go on the OPC channel. EMS and anyone else on fleetnet are doing the same thing as the same time.

Sounds like you are just listening to the BEAT repeater which doesn't broadcast TAC channels.

OPP is all digital but if you happen to have a BEAT repeater in your area then you can pick it up on an old analog scanner if you have one.

Thanks WebStar22, that would make sense. Nottawasaga and Dufferin OPP are on a beat repeater. Thanks again.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber

It's been done every year for at least the last 10 years, always around this time of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.