2/17/09 is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

dosboot

So with 2/17/09 fast Approaching is everybody ready for the BIG SWITCH? My question how meany people even know it's coming and what it means. Share your thoughts. From what I hear WHLT-TV in HBG. still has no DTV X-mitter on line, there due to bring it online later this year if what I hear is correct. Hope they allow time to work out any problems.

nexus

I've been ready. My LCD is 1080i with both NTSC and ATSC tuners. I'm able to pick up pretty much everything down here on the coast that broadcasts in Digital. Most station have 2 or 3 channels. Although I'm not too concerned about it because I have directv and it isn't affected by the switch.

dosboot

The Big Switch

well most people get the signal from cable are Sat. but what I wonder about is those people still getting it from off air, which most are older people who may not even know about the switch. when midnight 2/17 rolls around the switch board at most TV stations are going to blow up with calls. Wow im not going anywhere near a phone that day. Stations can x-mit one HD Signal and i believe two SD signals from there x-mitter DTV X-mitter

Status
Not open for further replies.