2/29 Radio system change

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning (2/29/12) at approx 0215, Metro Nashville Gov't dispached on several police channels that they were changing to the new radio system starting at 0230 and would last about one hour. I continued monitoring several different police channels and didn't notice anything different. Not sure what areas of their system they changed or modified. Anyone know of or notice any changes ? I have also managed to snatch a couple of talk groups that are not listed here on RR. They are 12656 and 12720.

NashvilleMonitor88
Grecom PSR 500

SDavis90

I have noticed ID's for some dispatch terminals have changed. Don't have it with me, but they are 3 digit numbers.

I also heard a dispatcher mention on the fire side that they were in the process of changing out equipment.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Everything still seems the same to me. Same ole control channel as has been and same TGIDs. I have noticed though the pulsating tones for medical calls and police code 3 calls sounds different than it used to.

The same morning, dispatch also said that central and east will be patched together. It also sounds like west and central calls are sharing the same area on calls.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
From what I gather they have NOT moved to the "pure" (9600 baud) P25 system. Nothing has changed. The control channel is still the same and according to my 396XT is still 3600 baud. If its pure P25 my 396XT during search will show "data" and be silent. A 3600 baud system during a search you will hear the jackhammer sound immediately. Nash is still for now, 3600 baud. And those not calling Nashville's system P25 is wrong. Yes, it's not a pure P25 system say like Franklin's but it is a P25 system. 3600 baud is P25 even if it has an analog mixture. If it wasnt our scanners couldn't follow it. But when they do switch over they will be a "pure" P25 system (9600 baud). That hasnt happened yet.

nashscan

I have heard that more channels will be in the dark, but not the main dispatch channels that we use. Who knows. We have been using the new radios at our backup site on Harding Place for a few weeks now, and I can't tell that much of a difference.

Ware37075

New radio system that is capable of encryption.

This morning (2/29/12) at approx 0215, Metro Nashville Gov't dispached on several police channels that they were changing to the new radio system starting at 0230 and would last about one hour. I continued monitoring several different police channels and didn't notice anything different. Not sure what areas of their system they changed or modified. Anyone know of or notice any changes ? I have also managed to snatch a couple of talk groups that are not listed here on RR. They are 12656 and 12720.

NashvilleMonitor88
Grecom PSR 500

I spoke with a good friend who is with the Metro Nashville Police department in TN. He told me that the department is going to a new radio system that is capable of encryption. They are installing them now in all vehicles.Ware37075

Status
Not open for further replies.