2/440 in Metro NOLA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DualReverse

Premium Subscriber
Hi guys,

Are there any 140 or 440 repeaters that are active for local operators? I've been listening on a couple, but haven't heard anything. Wife and I are on vacation; I have a tri-bander HT, we're staying in the French Quarter till Friday...

Thanks and 73,
Mory/n8kkw

kd5pck

Try the following:
146.860 (-) 114.4pl
146.820 (-) not sure if there is a pl, most likely 114.8pl
147.270 (-) 114.8 pl this one is actually located on the northshore of Lake Pontchartrain but has excellent coverage
444.200 (+) 114.8pl
444.700 (+) 114.8pl

Hope this helps you out. Are you driving back home? If so, let me know which way you're heading and I may be able to help with some more repeaters.

Scott
KD5PCK

DualReverse

Premium Subscriber
Scott, thanks! Sounds like I am able to best hit the 860 and the 440 repeaters the best. Is there one of those that has more traffic than another?

Our return trip will take us north to Memphis, via Jackson, MS. I'll try to check in to see if anyone's around.

Thanks again,
Mory/n8kkw

kd5pck

The 86 and 82 probably have the most activity between the two. Try calling for Joe, N5OZG, on the 82 machine. He's the owner and monitors most of the time.

If you'll be heading up I-55 north, there's the 147.000 (-) 107.2 machine in Hammond. Make sure you put in a negative offset, most radios automatically want to put in a positive offset. With an HT on a magnet mount antenna, you should be able to hit that machine somewhere between Ruddock and Manchac. This is a little north of where you exit I-10 onto I-55 north. If you start to lose this repeater close to the state line, try calling for WB5ERM, Pete. He has a link/remote receiver further north. Basically, it's on the same frequency, 147.000 but this time with a positive offset. I am not sure of the tone though. That's why I suggest you try calling him on the air. He usually will answer. If you tell him I sent you, he will likely have some nice sarcastic things to say about me, ha ha. He's a nice guy though, we just rib each other a lot.

I go up to McComb, MS at least once a year to help with a public service event. Honestly though, we use the 147.000 machine and a simplex frequency. So I can't really help you out with freqs. in that area. The closer you get to Jackson, I would try the Jackson Amateur Radio Club repeaters: Jackson Amateur Radio Club

Hope this helped you some. Have a safe trip.

Scott
KD5PCK

Status
Not open for further replies.