2.5 Gain SMA Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
I am experiencing questionable reception on my antenna. The folks at Scanner Master could not answer this question. Here goes.

I have drawn a red line on this antenna. To the right of the red line, there seems to be a shaft of some sort that does not bend until you get to the top of the antenna where it narrows. To the left of the red line, it bends. It bends at a point that does not match the four indentation marks meant for flexing at the bottom.

Is it possible that I broke this shaft?

I would greatly appreciate it if someone who owns one of these fine antennas would try bending theirs to see if it is the same as mine.

Attachments

• antenna.jpg
    antenna.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 46

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
After I went into the abyss, the black carpeted area of my Toyota, I found my newest 2.5 gain antenna. There is huge difference in reception. It you happen to own this great antenna, a few falls from a substantial height might render it useless like mine. It is now in the trash. I found the other one. Even though it has limitations for someone rough on equipment like me, it sure beats the construction of the former RS 800 mhz antenna. I am very rough on these. The RS did not hold up. I have owned around 15 of them over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.