2 Alrm Motel Fire NW Colorado SPrings

Status
Not open for further replies.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Days Inn Motel Rusina Rd. E9,T9, E12, E2, T10, T1, D1, D3. One to Hosp. Fire in one room, smoke in 8. U/C in 45 min

That's not a 2 alarm response in Colorado Springs, but it is a modified response for that type of structure. As Jim noted, it was a very small fire.

janandgwen

District Chief 1 called for a second alarm. I was listening and it definitely was a second alarm with E2, E6, T10 and T1 along with HR, Air 14, Squad 108 and District 3 chief responding also two AMR units. On a single alarm, they normally send two engines and one truck. When they respond with four engines and three trucks and the other units, it is a second alarm!

janandgwen

I doubt that District 1 was aware that it was a "small fire" since flames could be seen in the window of that room. He apparently decided that he would rather be safe than sorry!

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
District Chief 1 called for a second alarm. I was listening and it definitely was a second alarm with E2, E6, T10 and T1 along with HR, Air 14, Squad 108 and District 3 chief responding also two AMR units. On a single alarm, they normally send two engines and one truck. When they respond with four engines and three trucks and the other units, it is a second alarm!

Well, if you had included all that info to begin with... :)

The initial information that was posted IS NOT a 2 alarm response, it is a "targeted" response as Speard noted. While you are correct that a "normal" alarm is two engines and one truck, that is modified for "targeted" addresses, such as ....motels, old-age homes, hospitals, etc. etc

Also, the Air unit is at 15's...maybe you heard HM14?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.