2 antennas on same mast ?

KO4IPV

Is it workable to have a high antenna on pole mast and another 6 feet below not being used at same time or for different reasons. SDS 100 scanner .

Ubbe

Antennas that use a groundplane doesn't care what are beneeth them. If it is a dipole antenna then it's usually a 1/2 wavelenght that are the safe distance but you often don't notice any degradation if you have the antennas closer if they sit over each other. What antenna and what frequencies are you planning to use?

/Ubbe

KO4IPV

Antennas that use a groundplane doesn't care what are beneeth them. If it is a dipole antenna then it's usually a 1/2 wavelenght that are the safe distance but you often don't notice any degradation if you have the antennas closer if they sit over each other. What antenna and what frequencies are you planning to use?

/Ubbe
Well I changed my mind I took down the campactenna Model Scan-III with the BSA kit - base station. And went 20 feet higher with the Omni-x with a range of 118-137 MHz. 148-75 MHz. 225-900MHz. No metal ground plane needed. So far I really don’t notice much difference.