2 Chicago questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
This website has been a godsend as I have recently returned to the scanning hobby. I can't tell you how many hours I've spent on here searching frequencies and gaining valuable information.

Now I am in need of help.....again :) Actually it's just 2 quick questions I'm hoping someone will have answers for.

First question would be; what am I hearing on 453.225? There is no voice communication, but it sounds like I can hear background noise. Then, about every 10 seconds or so, I hear what sounds like phone keypad tones, almost like a call is being placed. The frequency then 'goes dead' for about a second or two and the whole process repeats itself.

My second question would be; is there a link to where I can find a map for the Chicago PD districts and zones? I have the CPD's citywide emergency frequencies programed into one bank, and I'd like to have a general idea of where the emergencies are taking place. At the end of each transmission they give district and zone.

Any information / comments will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

SSSG

:)

chgomonitor

Silent Key

This is the CTA. It is, or was, used at the Bus Citywide Calling and Emergency channel. The driver has a radiotelephone set available. A variety of automated vehicle location and bus status reporting systems have replaced most of the voice traffic. Some of the signalling you hear is this type of traffic. Listen long enough and you still might hear some voice traffic on the CTA bus channels buried in amongst the noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.